Long Jing (Dragon Well) Master Grade

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Yezi Tea

• “Striking out in new territory. Never drank green teas. Don't know why? Maybe the macho thing or the health thing. Delicate things scare me. The closest I come to green teas is via ice cream. 1st...” Read full tasting note
    BigDaddy 45 tasting notes
  • “Hello, Dragon Well Master Grade Long Jing. Unlike the white, this green tea has a subtle aroma out of the bag. There’s something cool and clean about it, that would almost fool you into believing...” Read full tasting note
    SnootyTeaPerson 90 tasting notes
  • “Very new experience to me. I put off trying this sample, since I'm not a green drinker, and wanted to do it justice. The aroma is remarkable, and the flavor astonishingly smooth. Mildly...” Read full tasting note
    mugger 53 tasting notes
  • “Green on the right side of the tongue and teeth. Medium dark green with a pleasing level of bitterness that is just right to me in this tea. Some burnt umber shades with a bit of deeper brown and...” Read full tasting note
    RumpusParable 266 tasting notes

From Yezi Tea

The leaves of this particular Long Jing are harvested at the beginning of spring—an entire week before the other varieties are picked—by local farmers who have maintained a fierce pride in growing the finest tea for generation after generation.

The brew is flush with the youthful, vibrant colors of yellow and green, and this premium-grade Long Jing has a natural sweetness reminiscent of sugarcane. Along with the sweetness you will also enjoy other slight but distinct tastes not characteristically associated with green tea. You will sense the assertive notes of grass, spinach, and seaweed that fill out the body of this ancient tea and lend it complexity.

Recommended amount: 5-6 grams or 4 tsp. of tea
Water amount: 1 gram of tea / 50-80ml of water or 1 tsp. of tea / 2-3 oz. of water
Temperature: 75-80 °C or 167-176 °F
First brew: 1 min 30 seconds
Subsequent brews: Add 20-30 seconds

About Yezi Tea View company

Striking out in new territory. Never drank green teas. Don’t know why? Maybe the macho thing or the health thing. Delicate things scare me. The closest I come to green teas is via ice cream.

1st steep, the dry leaf smell was of buttery white chocolate and toasted pine nuts. How agreeable. 5g in a glass pitcher with 350ml spring water. Wet leaf aromas are more pronounced especially the pine nut. The flavor is decidedly not grassy as I had imagined. Soft velvety butter rich and again pine nutty.

2nd and 3rd steeps were the same and then the realization that there is nothing to fear about this delicate rich tea and I will be drinking greens any chance I can get. Oh forgot to mention the dancing leaves. When you’re as buzzed as I am now on tea, watching this was like doing Mr Wooly Willy when I was a child, with the bald headed man and the iron shavings you positioned on his head with a magnet wand, …fun.

Anna

I’m excited for you – and for myself; I look forward to reading all the green tea reviews you’ll be posting.

Hello, Dragon Well Master Grade Long Jing. Unlike the white, this green tea has a subtle aroma out of the bag. There’s something cool and clean about it, that would almost fool you into believing it’s as light as a Sencha or Gyokuro. Is that a promise a sweetness? Say it ain’t so! Dragonwell may be one of the most common types of green tea, but already there is nothing common about this fella. In the cup, we get that promised sweetness indeed, a freshwater dragon who brings on the rain.

It comes out even paler than the White Peony, surprisingly; the liquor we’ve got here is a shade you’d sooner find while hunting pearls–or marathoning Say Yes To The Dress. But hoo boy, this flavor. Your cup holds… Full review here: http://snooteablog.com/2013/11/26/snooty-tea-review-yezi-tea-round-1/

Very new experience to me. I put off trying this sample, since I’m not a green drinker, and wanted to do it justice. The aroma is remarkable, and the flavor astonishingly smooth. Mildly astringent, but buttery and warm. yum.

Green on the right side of the tongue and teeth. Medium dark green with a pleasing level of bitterness that is just right to me in this tea. Some burnt umber shades with a bit of deeper brown and also lighter into yellow tones in the front of the mouth.

It’s some harsh but in a way that makes you want another sip. Very pleasing. I like this dragon well. Definitely one of the best I’ve had I’d say.

170 °F / 76 °C 1 min, 30 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 50 ML

Very, very grassy, and quite astringent. I followed the brewing instructions on Yezi teas to a T (hah, geddit). The first brew was a bit too strong for me but subsequent brews mellowed out a bit and it became more enjoyable. My experience with green tea is limited, but this is a solid tea. I’d probably enjoy something with a milder flavor.

Aroma: Fresh herbaceous, sharp, damp, buttery
Color: Light yellow
Taste: Cut grass, bright, with a light sweetness.
Notes: Sharp tea, the traditional green tea flavors really shine. Not overly grassy, just the perfect amount with a subtle sweetness following it. I did feel a little bit of astringency but nothing too extreme.