Yi Fu Chun Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Yezi Tea

This smoky black loose-leaf tea is grown in the majestic Nanhu Mountain range on the outskirts of Fuqing City in the Fujian province of China. These mountains might be covered in dense fog for two hundred days a year, but one thing remains clear: for the last 250 years they have been home to some of the finest teas to come out of China.

Yi Fu Chun is an organic tea, and Yezi is proud to bring you this offering sourced, like most of our teas, directly from the farmer. You will find drinking this golden brown brew as smooth as riding in a Rolls-Royce on a newly paved highway. A light and natural sugarcane sweetness is a distinguishing characteristic of Yi Fu Chun. Notes of apple and peach add to its complex flavor.
Our Tea Farmer
Farmer Huang Jian, Nanhu Mountain, Fujian, ChinaHuang Jian, Nanhu Mountain, Fujian, China »
How to brew Yi Fu Chun Black Tea tea

Amount of tea in grams Temperature in °C Temperature in °F Number of brews First brew time Use: 4-5 grams or 3 tsp. of tea Water amount: 1 gram of tea / 50-60ml of water or 1 tsp. of tea / 3 oz. of water Time of day: Afternoons or early evenings Temperature: 90-95 °C or 194-203 °F Brew: 4-5 times First brew: 20 seconds Subsequent brews: Add 10 seconds Recommended tea set: Lu Yao porcelain or glass tea set

Tea brewing is an art – and you are the artist! Just as a jazz musician adds individual touches to make a composition unique, you can add your own individual flourishes to make your tea stand out. The guidelines provided above are derived from two time-tested principles: 1) The more oxidized a tea, the higher the temperature you will need, and 2) Smaller tea pots allow for more control over the brewing process and are especially recommended for lighter teas. That said, we encourage you to experiment with the amount of tea you use, water temperature, tea utensils, and infusion times to conjure up your own “Aha!” moment.
Yi Fu Chun Black Tea is also known as…

Cantonese version of the name is Yat Fat Chun 一拂春茶

About Yezi Tea View company

This is fairly smooth. Gently Sweet – much like a bit of sugar cane. Towards the end of the sip I can pick up on subtle peachy notes as well. First infusions hint at a bit of smoke but additional infusions the smoke flavors are diminished.

I do like this one a great deal, tho!

mmmmmm dexter sent this my way. My other half did a sneaky thing and picked up my tea yesterday but didn’t give it to me until today – he left it on the table for me to find in the morning since he knew i was working from home today. Doctor appointment this morning so it’s easier to go there and come back home than go all the way downtown. This is another yummy tea from yezi! I am digging the sweetness that it in this cup along with a sort of malty finish. mostly though, it’s just good. like nearly every yezi tea i’ve tried. nom nom nom thanks dexter!

I’m starting the morning with a random pick from my Sil-box.
This is a gentle sweet & fruity cup, not particularly bold, but nice to savor in bed. It has a peachiness to it, a lively tongue tingle, & no astringency or bitterness. Thanks Sil

I just got another round of Yezi teas in the mail and this is one of the samples I asked for. It’s definitely the lightest of all the teas I’ve tried from them. Still very flavorful but a little fruitier and less malty. A nice light afternoon tea. Super dooper smooth. Not smoky in my opinion. Definite hints of sugarcane. Overall yummy cup.

ETA: Second steep really strong peach notes! Can’t believe I can actually taste that. Really enjoying this one.

Back-story: My mother was a gourmet chef for many years and my father is an epicure; both of them have graduate degrees in the natural sciences (ie: they like the best quality foods). Needless to say, I was truly lucky and grew up with amazing food and drinks my entire life.

Before becoming vegan (about ten years ago), my favorite dessert that my mother would make was this homemade flan that knocks the socks off of the most stubborn flan haters. A perfect balance of caramel and vanilla with a mouth-feel that is almost indescribable (I guess “like buttah” will do for now…), this flan was my favorite dessert of all time. I brought some of my mother’s flan to a friend’s Thanksgiving one year – this friend’s family thoroughly dislikes flan – and everyone devoured it like ravenous coyotes. The two desserts that I loved the most from my father were his homemade whipped cream and his homemade chocolate mousse. Both were so incredibly rich, silky, and decadent. With all of these desserts, there was always such care taken in perfecting not only, the taste, but also, the presentation. Enjoying them was always just special. :)

This tea… this tea reminds me of those three desserts. As someone who no longer consumes dairy or eggs, this is an incredible treat. It’s not sweet like a flavored dessert tea, it’s just… decadent dessert. Silky, smooth, and rich; it makes me feel as though I am rewarding myself with something. I think Huang Jian is a wizard.

__Morgana__

Wonderfully described. :-)

Thanks Yezi Tea for the samples! Out of the 3 samples of black tea that I requested, this is the winner for me. It’s got a slightly smoky taste but has got a sweet, yummy taste that I can’t quite place. I could drink more of this one so whenever I get to place an order, I must remember to get this one. Funny because I almost didn’t get this one because I thought I should try one of their puerh teas since otherwise you’d have to buy a whole lot of it but thought nah, the description for this lured me in more.

Kittenna

Ooh, I hope I nabbed this one! I don’t recall…

I didn’t know what to pick out to sip this morning, and was looking through my giant box of Dexter3657 tea’s and saw this one. Black tea? Yes please.

I thought I had under-leafed because the colour seemed a little light, but the aroma was strongly sweet. The taste was light, but naturally sweet. I didn’t pick up any fruit or peach notes, but I’m in the process of brewing cup 2, so hopefully this time I’ll find it. Despite that, I still think this is a delicious tea, but something that I would save for later in the day.

Thank you Dexter3657 for a sample of this yummy tea!

Dexter3657

YAY!!! Glad you liked it :))

scribbles

You’ve sent me some amazing teas – Thank You!!
:))

Woo! This sipdown puts me at 200 teas. That’s about 52 sipdowns since the 19th. HOLY SMOKES.

It helps that they were pretty much all one-cup size, but still. #PatsSelfOnBackProfusely :D

Now to get down to 150 in the next month! It’ll be harder since a lot of my little samples are gone, but, it’s nice to have goals!

And this was a free sample from Yezi! I think it’s my least favourite of the three, but it still is a nice straight black. Smooth, a little malty, and a little sweet – quite enjoyable, but for some reason not quite worthy of poetic prose like the other two. Still, I recommend Yezi teas! You can tell they are high quality, and worthy of many steeps!

Dexter3657

WOW Good job. 52 is lots…

hmmm i’ve never tried this one. thought i’d gone through all of their blacks. damn now i need to drink those up too so i can place another order!

Dexter3657

According to my cupboard, I have some of this. If you so – I can send some in your next package….

that would be great dex! no rush obviously

Thanks to Yezi Tea for a sample of this delicious black! Upon opening the sample, I was greeted by a wonderful chocolatey aroma. The tea doesn’t disappoint, and is an excellent example of a lovely, chocolatey, full-bodied black. No astringency, just delicious flavour. Perhaps not the best example of a tea with this flavour profile, but certainly up there. I’d need to compare it with others to really tell.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Sweet and smooth, I taste molasses mixed with peach. It has an interesting flavor and I am glad I tried it.

205 °F / 96 °C