Yi Fu Chun Black Tea

Baked Bread, Brown Sugar, Caramel, Cocoa, Dried Fruit, Floral, Malt, Molasses, Rye, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Apple Skins, Cherry, Dark Chocolate, Creamy, Honey, Sweet Potatoes, Peach, Peanut, Smoke, Cannabis, Grain, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Yezi Tea

This smoky black loose-leaf tea is grown in the majestic Nanhu Mountain range on the outskirts of Fuqing City in the Fujian province of China. These mountains might be covered in dense fog for two hundred days a year, but one thing remains clear: for the last 250 years they have been home to some of the finest teas to come out of China.

Yi Fu Chun is an organic tea, and Yezi is proud to bring you this offering sourced, like most of our teas, directly from the farmer. You will find drinking this golden brown brew as smooth as riding in a Rolls-Royce on a newly paved highway. A light and natural sugarcane sweetness is a distinguishing characteristic of Yi Fu Chun. Notes of apple and peach add to its complex flavor.
Our Tea Farmer
Farmer Huang Jian, Nanhu Mountain, Fujian, ChinaHuang Jian, Nanhu Mountain, Fujian, China »
How to brew Yi Fu Chun Black Tea tea

Amount of tea in grams Temperature in °C Temperature in °F Number of brews First brew time Use: 4-5 grams or 3 tsp. of tea Water amount: 1 gram of tea / 50-60ml of water or 1 tsp. of tea / 3 oz. of water Time of day: Afternoons or early evenings Temperature: 90-95 °C or 194-203 °F Brew: 4-5 times First brew: 20 seconds Subsequent brews: Add 10 seconds Recommended tea set: Lu Yao porcelain or glass tea set

Tea brewing is an art – and you are the artist! Just as a jazz musician adds individual touches to make a composition unique, you can add your own individual flourishes to make your tea stand out. The guidelines provided above are derived from two time-tested principles: 1) The more oxidized a tea, the higher the temperature you will need, and 2) Smaller tea pots allow for more control over the brewing process and are especially recommended for lighter teas. That said, we encourage you to experiment with the amount of tea you use, water temperature, tea utensils, and infusion times to conjure up your own “Aha!” moment.
Yi Fu Chun Black Tea is also known as…

Cantonese version of the name is Yat Fat Chun 一拂春茶

About Yezi Tea View company

This is fairly smooth. Gently Sweet – much like a bit of sugar cane. Towards the end of the sip I can pick up on subtle peachy notes as well. First infusions hint at a bit of smoke but additional infusions the smoke flavors are diminished.

I do like this one a great deal, tho!

mmmmmm dexter sent this my way. My other half did a sneaky thing and picked up my tea yesterday but didn’t give it to me until today – he left it on the table for me to find in the morning since he knew i was working from home today. Doctor appointment this morning so it’s easier to go there and come back home than go all the way downtown. This is another yummy tea from yezi! I am digging the sweetness that it in this cup along with a sort of malty finish. mostly though, it’s just good. like nearly every yezi tea i’ve tried. nom nom nom thanks dexter!

I’m starting the morning with a random pick from my Sil-box.
This is a gentle sweet & fruity cup, not particularly bold, but nice to savor in bed. It has a peachiness to it, a lively tongue tingle, & no astringency or bitterness. Thanks Sil

I just got another round of Yezi teas in the mail and this is one of the samples I asked for. It’s definitely the lightest of all the teas I’ve tried from them. Still very flavorful but a little fruitier and less malty. A nice light afternoon tea. Super dooper smooth. Not smoky in my opinion. Definite hints of sugarcane. Overall yummy cup.

ETA: Second steep really strong peach notes! Can’t believe I can actually taste that. Really enjoying this one.

Back-story: My mother was a gourmet chef for many years and my father is an epicure; both of them have graduate degrees in the natural sciences (ie: they like the best quality foods). Needless to say, I was truly lucky and grew up with amazing food and drinks my entire life.

Before becoming vegan (about ten years ago), my favorite dessert that my mother would make was this homemade flan that knocks the socks off of the most stubborn flan haters. A perfect balance of caramel and vanilla with a mouth-feel that is almost indescribable (I guess “like buttah” will do for now…), this flan was my favorite dessert of all time. I brought some of my mother’s flan to a friend’s Thanksgiving one year – this friend’s family thoroughly dislikes flan – and everyone devoured it like ravenous coyotes. The two desserts that I loved the most from my father were his homemade whipped cream and his homemade chocolate mousse. Both were so incredibly rich, silky, and decadent. With all of these desserts, there was always such care taken in perfecting not only, the taste, but also, the presentation. Enjoying them was always just special. :)

This tea… this tea reminds me of those three desserts. As someone who no longer consumes dairy or eggs, this is an incredible treat. It’s not sweet like a flavored dessert tea, it’s just… decadent dessert. Silky, smooth, and rich; it makes me feel as though I am rewarding myself with something. I think Huang Jian is a wizard.

__Morgana__

Wonderfully described. :-)

MzPriss

LOVE this description (and this tea!) and would really love the flan recipe :)

Tea Pet

I will see if my mom actually uses a recipe for it! Hahaha! And I will report back.

Thanks Yezi Tea for the samples! Out of the 3 samples of black tea that I requested, this is the winner for me. It’s got a slightly smoky taste but has got a sweet, yummy taste that I can’t quite place. I could drink more of this one so whenever I get to place an order, I must remember to get this one. Funny because I almost didn’t get this one because I thought I should try one of their puerh teas since otherwise you’d have to buy a whole lot of it but thought nah, the description for this lured me in more.

Kittenna

Ooh, I hope I nabbed this one! I don’t recall…

Don’t remember much about this as I had it at work and my attention wandered. I do remember caramely goodness and then as it cooled a very deep woodsy feeling with a teensy bit of smoke hiding out. Ost sent me this in a swap – thanks so much! I may not remember many specifics but I do remember that it was extremely tasty.

LOVE this one

This was one of the samples I purchased from Yezi when they had free shipping and a percentage off for Cyber Monday. The leaves are on the small to medium size, and they’re slender. Mostly dark grey/brown with a fair amount of golden tips. Dry, they smell very sweet, almost like sugarcane. There’s also a strong hay aroma.

Mm, the steeped cup smells both sweet and savory, like ham with a thick brown sugar glaze. The liquor feels thick and silky in the mouth. It tastes mostly savory, like thick rye or wheat bread with malt. But then there are also nice complementary sweet notes, like molasses and dark dried fruits. There’s also a dark caramel undertone providing richness. Overall, a yummy thick and satisfying cup, though I’m not sure I’d pay the price Yezi is asking for it.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Brown Sugar, Caramel, Cocoa, Dried Fruit, Floral, Malt, Molasses, Rye, Smooth, Sweet, Thick

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

boychik

good choice

So, apparently I was the first person to make an order to Yezi on BF. I thanked them for their sale on their thread on here, and while my order didn’t qualify for free tea, the person who runs their account told me that since I was the first person, they’d send me an extra gift. I had forgotten about that until I got my package and found an ounce of this tea! :D That was so unbelievably sweet of them! I can’t get over the generosity of some people-it’s just amazing to me!
And honestly, when I looked this tea up I wasn’t sure I’d really like it. But after trying it, I was pleasantly surprised!
It’s kinda earthy, which I don’t like. But it also is creamy and tastes strongly of sweet potatoes at the same time.
I feel like so many of their teas are creamy. It really adds a lot of depth to the black teas. I really am enjoying them! And this was a fantastic free tea that I will enjoy finishing off eventually! :D Thank you, Yezi!! :D :D

Flavors: Creamy, Honey, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes

MzPriss

This is my favorite of their teas. Love this one

Ost

I don’t know why, but I wasn’t expecting Yezi to be such a great company when I ordered the first time. But man, I was so wrong! Really is a great company!

Fjellrev

Nice surprise and great customer service!