White Peony Master Grade Bai Mu Dan

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Dry, the White Peony Master Grade Bai Mu Dan gives us sweet trees right off the bat. Maybe it’s the Christmas season getting to us (whatever happened to Thanksgiving?), but you can almost detect a...” Read full tasting note
    SnootyTeaPerson 90 tasting notes
  • “One of three samples I requested. Steeped for 3-4 minutes with water just under a boil. The liquor is amber/golden and very fragrant with a medium/long finish. Very clean and pure with no...” Read full tasting note
    dmatley 5 tasting notes
  • “This is the last of the three samples I sampled from Yezi. Love it! It is floral and sightly nutty. And the finish I can only describe as...buttery. I am on my second steep and it hasn't lost any...” Read full tasting note
    Kissadilla 51 tasting notes

From Yezi Tea

This light and delicate loose-leaf tea comes from the Jian’ou County of the Fujian province of China, and Yezi’s is brought to you by local farmer Yu Qizhao.

The White Peony is only produced from tea leaves picked in the springtime, and the young leaves are gently dried in the sun on bamboo trays. The brew is a natural yellow color and has distinct notes of almond. The tea is low in caffeine and makes for a quiet, pleasant, and meditative evening companion.

Use: 4-5 grams or 3-4 tsp. of tea
Water amount: 1 gram of tea / 50ml of water or 1 tsp. of tea / 2 oz. of water
Temperature: 85-90 °C or 185-194 °F
Brew: 3-4 times
First brew: 1:00 minutes:seconds
Subsequent brews: Add 15 seconds

About Yezi Tea View company

Dry, the White Peony Master Grade Bai Mu Dan gives us sweet trees right off the bat. Maybe it’s the Christmas season getting to us (whatever happened to Thanksgiving?), but you can almost detect a hint of pine.

And then you steep it.

This tea explodes out of the cup. The fragrance is incredible as soon as the hot water hits, suffusing the air with flowers tightly enclosed within their pre-spring buds. Wow. From the eggshell-pale liquor, you get… Full review here: http://snooteablog.com/2013/11/26/snooty-tea-review-yezi-tea-round-1/

One of three samples I requested. Steeped for 3-4 minutes with water just under a boil. The liquor is amber/golden and very fragrant with a medium/long finish. Very clean and pure with no bitterness and just the slightest touch of sweetness.

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 30 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

This is the last of the three samples I sampled from Yezi. Love it! It is floral and sightly nutty. And the finish I can only describe as…buttery. I am on my second steep and it hasn’t lost any flavor.