Yunnan Sundance Kid Pu'erh Tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “I'm trying to gradually work through some of my samples of puerh. In part because i know of SOMEONE who needs to try more, so i can split my samples in two haha! I've had this one before, and i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “Aroma: Straw, light woody smoke Liquor Color: Light golden amber Liquor Flavor: First steep was at 30 seconds. Flavor was light, tasted straw with a mild sweetness and light smoke aftertaste....” Read full tasting note
    winterqueen27 62 tasting notes

From Yezi Tea

Sundance Kid teas are available in 7 oz. / 200-gram disks and come from younger trees. These teas have a forward-facing fruit flavor with only very slight bitterness. Like fine wine, these teas can be aged in your home—and you will find that the resulting flavor can be every bit as intoxicating!

Use: 4-5 grams or 2-3 tsp. of tea
Water amount: 1 gram of tea / 50ml of water or
1 tsp. of tea / 2 oz. of water
Time of day: Anytime after meals
Temperature: 95-100 °C or 203-212 °F
Brew: 5-6 times
First brew: 30 seconds
Subsequent brews: Add 10-15 seconds
Recommended tea set: Lu Yao porcelain gaiwan or teapot

About Yezi Tea View company

I’m trying to gradually work through some of my samples of puerh. In part because i know of SOMEONE who needs to try more, so i can split my samples in two haha! I’ve had this one before, and i found that this time around, i didn’t enjoy this one as much as the first time. While the first few steepings were light and enjoyable, over the last few that i had, there was an almost metallic taste that developed that i was not a fan of. I’d be willing to give this one another shot in a future yezi tea order though, as i generally have enjoyed most of their teas..esp since the first time, i really enjoyed it!

Aroma: Straw, light woody smoke
Liquor Color: Light golden amber
Liquor Flavor: First steep was at 30 seconds. Flavor was light, tasted straw with a mild sweetness and light smoke aftertaste. Second steep, I accidentally left for 2 minutes, was a lot more complex, a bitterness came through along with the smokey taste. Really woody. Astringent.
Notes: This didn’t seem as intense as the other Puerh I tried. I’m guessing it wasn’t aged as much? Overall, it was a nice mellow tea. This reminded me of a mate beverage called Chimarrao that’s popular in Brazil.