Dragon Well High Grade Long Jing Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “I know that I'm not supposed to drink green tea... but, I just... I just had to. I am a Long Jing fanatic. If I had to choose my favorite green teas it would be Genmaicha, Long Jing, and then...” Read full tasting note
    TeaPet 362 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Sweet and lightly grassy. A savory note hits mid-sip. A fresh, spring-time like taste to it, with it's light, airy, green notes. Very crisp and pure. Nice nutty background...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4323 tasting notes

From Yezi Tea

At Yezi, we are proud to bring to you the finest grade of Longjing loose leaf green tea. Long Jing translated from Chinese means “Dragon Well”. Yezi’s Longjing consists entirely of unopened leaf buds called dragon sprouts or water lily hearts. These fine tea leaves are harvested in the first few weeks of spring by tea farmers who have maintained a fierce pride in growing the finest Long Jing for generations upon generations.

With the first brew, you will enjoy the distinct and powerful tastes that are not characteristically associated with green tea. You will sense the assertive notes of grass, spinach and seaweed that fill out the body of this ancient tea. You will roll your tongue in your mouth and you will contemplate. And you will know that the Xi Hu Longjing is a bold tea worthy of the fiercest dragon.

About Yezi Tea View company

I know that I’m not supposed to drink green tea… but, I just… I just had to. I am a Long Jing fanatic. If I had to choose my favorite green teas it would be Genmaicha, Long Jing, and then Gyokuro. I used to drink at least one of them every day when I was younger. Thus, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try this one (Thanks to LiberTEAS!).

It is wonderful. Grassy, light, crisp, pure, subtle, slightly nutty. Very long length. The aroma is similar to fresh, clean grass in a pristine meadow. The liquid was a very pale yellow-green. It is everything you want in a good Long Jing.

Complete side note: My significant other brought me a vegan, gluten-free Earl Grey and Chocolate Chip cookie. (I hate him/love him for this.) And surprisingly it went well along with the third infusion of the Long Jing.

AlexaK.

Hmm, tea and cookies! Yum!

Tea Pet

It was an amazing cookie… I felt so guilty though… I actually just ended up making it my dinner. :p

Backlog:

Sweet and lightly grassy. A savory note hits mid-sip. A fresh, spring-time like taste to it, with it’s light, airy, green notes. Very crisp and pure.

Nice nutty background note.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/10/21/dragon-well-high-grade-long-jing-green-tea-yezi-tea/