Ming Hong

Baked Bread, Dark Chocolate, Grain, Sweet Potatoes, Creamy, Earth, Malt, Smooth, Caramel, Cream, Raisins, Smoke
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Hopefully, I will get a chance to try this tea again. I cannot recall the exact notes right now. I just remember it being very flavorful, subtle, but having a wonderful symphony of notes. A very...” Read full tasting note
    TeaPet 588 tasting notes
  • “Sample from Yezi Tea I am trying this morning... I was tempted to gong fu this but am running a bit short on time to get more caffeine into my body! I decided to steep it Western style for 2...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2542 tasting notes
  • “So the description on Steepster for this tea is: "Baked Bread, Caramel, Cream, Malt, Raisins, Smoke". Didn't taste smoke or caramel at all. But I definitely tasted the other four! It tasted...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 354 tasting notes
  • “Autumn 2013 Ming Hong from China's Nanhu Mountains. The dry leaves smell like sugared raisin bread and pastries. They are black brown twisted threads and a few gold ones mixed in. I brewed this...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 247 tasting notes

From Yezi Tea

Though our Autumn 2013 Ming Hong hails from China’s Nanhu Mountains, you’ll find yourself thinking about Parisian bakeries with fresh, decadent pastries after the first brew. As effortlessly mellow as a Coltrane song, Ming Hong is a rich black tea with a sugarcane sweetness that lingers on the tongue. As the tea develops, notes of lush chocolate and soothing malt will gush to the surface. This is truly a special treat.

The Nanhu mountains might be covered in dense fog for two hundred days a year. However, even through this dense fog, one thing remains clear: for the last 250 years the mountains have been home to some of the finest and most unique teas to come out of China. One of the greatest pleasures a tea drinker can experience is a feeling of surprise — the joy of being gently overcome by fragrant, delicious, yet unexpected notes. Our tea farmers tell us that Ming Hong is black tea like you’ve never had before. And our tea farmers are honest people. We believe them.

About Yezi Tea View company

Hopefully, I will get a chance to try this tea again. I cannot recall the exact notes right now. I just remember it being very flavorful, subtle, but having a wonderful symphony of notes. A very full bodied tea, but one I could see myself drinking through the day, nevertheless.

Sample from Yezi Tea I am trying this morning…

I was tempted to gong fu this but am running a bit short on time to get more caffeine into my body! I decided to steep it Western style for 2 minutes.

This is a really lovely red (black) tea. It definitely reminds me of a dark, hearty bread like pumpernickel. Then there is a nice sweetness in the brew, the sweet potato taste some people have picked up on. Chocolate notes are also present. This is really good when you drink it plain, but I also liked it a lot with soymilk added. The creaminess of the milk seemed to enhance this toasted grain quality. Overall this is a really delicious tea and I am adding it to my wishlist. Most of the black teas I have from China are from the Yunnan region, and this is a delightful Fujian tea, I’d love to have it in my evergrowing stash but it is not an inexpensive tea for sure.

This has more of a mellow, soothing energy than a get up and go type of energy. Good for a relaxing morning.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Dark Chocolate, Grain, Sweet Potatoes

i need to order this one, one of the few i haven’t tried from yezi!

TeaBrat

It’s good!

So the description on Steepster for this tea is:
“Baked Bread, Caramel, Cream, Malt, Raisins, Smoke”.
Didn’t taste smoke or caramel at all. But I definitely tasted the other four!
It tasted strongly of sweet potatoes too. And the creaminess took off the earthy edge.
I would buy this again in another really good Yezi Tea sale!

This is the last of my Yezi Tea samples also. Glad I got to try so many of them! And my tasting notes with Yezi ended on a good note! :D Would definitely recommend this one!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Creamy, Earth, Malt, Smooth, Sweet Potatoes

Autumn 2013 Ming Hong from China’s Nanhu Mountains.
I brewed this Western style. The liquor is a deep auburn red and smells very sweet, like the top of a créme brûlée and also like fresh clean spring water.
The wet leaves are still twisted, autumn brown color and smell briny and like rye bread.
The flavor is delicious . Very naturally sweet with notes of sweet raisin bread, rye bread, honey butter.
YUmm!
_________________________________________________________________________
7/14/14
Had some more today Gaiwan style!!!!! Lots of essences and flavors of Raisin Bran. Little bit of smoke.
____________________________________________________________________________
8/4/14
Gong Fu style today. 195F Immediate rinse-20-35-40-40-50
Nice light orange Sunkist color liquor. Malty scent and flavor. So good. Cream, malt, tiny touch of smoke.
This is best brewed Gong Fu,,,I really have stopped brewing Western style for my Chinese teas. Darjeeling and Indian teas are my Western style brews.
_________________________________________________________________________
8/22/14
Good stuff!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Caramel, Cream, Malt, Raisins, Smoke

KittyLovesTea

This tea sounds amazing!

Lee

It’s really good, very well balanced. I am loving Yezi’s teas!

BigDaddy