Ming Hong

Baked Bread, Caramel, Raisins
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Hopefully, I will get a chance to try this tea again. I cannot recall the exact notes right now. I just remember it being very flavorful, subtle, but having a wonderful symphony of notes. A very...” Read full tasting note
    TeaPet 313 tasting notes
  • “Autumn 2013 Ming Hong from China's Nanhu Mountains. The dry leaves smell like sugared raisin bread and pastries. They are black brown twisted threads and a few gold ones mixed in. I brewed this...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 214 tasting notes

From Yezi Tea

Though our Autumn 2013 Ming Hong hails from China’s Nanhu Mountains, you’ll find yourself thinking about Parisian bakeries with fresh, decadent pastries after the first brew. As effortlessly mellow as a Coltrane song, Ming Hong is a rich black tea with a sugarcane sweetness that lingers on the tongue. As the tea develops, notes of lush chocolate and soothing malt will gush to the surface. This is truly a special treat.

The Nanhu mountains might be covered in dense fog for two hundred days a year. However, even through this dense fog, one thing remains clear: for the last 250 years the mountains have been home to some of the finest and most unique teas to come out of China. One of the greatest pleasures a tea drinker can experience is a feeling of surprise — the joy of being gently overcome by fragrant, delicious, yet unexpected notes. Our tea farmers tell us that Ming Hong is black tea like you’ve never had before. And our tea farmers are honest people. We believe them.

About Yezi Tea View company

Hopefully, I will get a chance to try this tea again. I cannot recall the exact notes right now. I just remember it being very flavorful, subtle, but having a wonderful symphony of notes. A very full bodied tea, but one I could see myself drinking through the day, nevertheless.

Autumn 2013 Ming Hong from China’s Nanhu Mountains.
I brewed this Western style. The liquor is a deep auburn red and smells very sweet, like the top of a créme brûlée and also like fresh clean spring water.
The wet leaves are still twisted, autumn brown color and smell briny and like rye bread.
The flavor is delicious . Very naturally sweet with notes of sweet raisin bread, rye bread, honey butter.
YUmm!
_________________________________________________________________________
7/14/14
Had some more today Gaiwan style!!!!! Lots of essences and flavors of Raisin Bran. Little bit of smoke.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Caramel, Raisins

KittyLovesTea

This tea sounds amazing!

Lee

It’s really good, very well balanced. I am loving Yezi’s teas!

BigDaddy