Skin DeTox

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cofftea

• “I am getting to taste a lot of tea this weekend, as my daughter is trying some new ones and has liked any of them, so she keeps passing the cup to me. This one was a BLEH! For her, but I didn't...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “I'm going to update this when I can give a better sense of how it works on my skin. In the meantime, the taste is definitely not my motivation for drinking it- the flavor is very floral, a strong...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes
  • “I truly wish I got the floral taste that other people are reporting, but to me, this tastes like a medley of terrible yet unidentifiable herbs. I think this is one of those teas for people who are...” Read full tasting note
    flowering 1102 tasting notes
  • “I love this tea. I actually drank it on a daily bases for a over a month just to track the results and did see a more radiant glow and clarity in my skin. As of now I drink it at least 4 times a...” Read full tasting note
    teapraylove 5 tasting notes

From Yogi Tea

Our skin reflects our diet and lifestyle choices: it’s the mirror to internal health. It’s just as essential to cleanse from the inside; by reducing internal impurities, you can have clearer, glowing skin. Yogi Skin DeTox was formulated to support a healthy skin care regimen by shedding impurities. Fragrant rose petal and hibiscus, used in Ayurveda to cool and soothe the skin, entice the senses with a fresh, floral scent. Traditional liver-cleansers burdock and yellow dock combined with ancient “blood cleansing” red clover help purify the skin, and organic green tea rejuvenates with an antioxidant boost. Discover beauty from within in a deliciously cleansing brew of Skin DeTox!*

About Yogi Tea View company

I am getting to taste a lot of tea this weekend, as my daughter is trying some new ones and has liked any of them, so she keeps passing the cup to me. This one was a BLEH! For her, but I didn’t think it was bad. I don’t know from just one cup if it would improve my skin or not, but it was pleasant enough to drink!

I’m going to update this when I can give a better sense of how it works on my skin. In the meantime, the taste is definitely not my motivation for drinking it- the flavor is very floral, a strong rose scent and taste. The perfumey nature of the rose obscures the other notes for me.

SoccerMom

Sorry about the taste. Hope it helps the skin! :)

Cofftea

This actually sounds good- but the name sounds like a lot of hype.

SoccerMom

Oh I just realized your in Houston. Yea a fellow Houstonian!!!

Lisbet

It may very well be hype- folks on the yogiteas website seem to have reported good results. I’ll be keeping an eye on my skin. Most of Yogi Teas’ teas actually do produce results, so I’m at least hopeful.

Lisbet

Woo hoo! Houstonians representing!

H-Town in the House!

I truly wish I got the floral taste that other people are reporting, but to me, this tastes like a medley of terrible yet unidentifiable herbs. I think this is one of those teas for people who are willing to consume disgusting things if they believe it will make them healthier. As for me, I’m sure I can find something else that doesn’t make me want to gag.

Ysaurella

awww sure I won’t taste this one !

I love this tea. I actually drank it on a daily bases for a over a month just to track the results and did see a more radiant glow and clarity in my skin. As of now I drink it at least 4 times a week. It is very floral and has a powerful rose/rosewater scent and taste but it happens to be one of the things that I love most about the tea. I always have people that ask me what is my daily skin routine and I always recommend Skin DeTox a means of getting clean, clear and radiant skin!

Sipdown (again before it entered my cupboard)!

Another generous add in from Kat_Maria.

Typically, I hate teas like this one which promise/boast about having great health benefits because I really don’t think that’s what tea drinking should be about. If those benefits are true, that should be like an “added bonus” for drinking tea, not the sole reason you do it because most of the time the benefits are way over hyped/played up.

An example would be the belief Green Tea is great for weight loss. The way some people push this, it sounds like Green Tea on its own is going to help you shed the pounds, but you need to combine drinking green tea (on a very regular basis) along with a good diet and exercise to see any real benefits. I once witnessed a girl purchase 100g of Bancha from Tea Desire. She had no tea knowledge at all, and was quite clearly asking about Green Tea (she just asked if they had ‘Green Tea, like is healthy for you’) because it would supposedly help her lose weight and I just felt so bad for her (she was a bigger girl, and couldn’t have been more than 15 years old) because it was clear she was looking for some cure-all when it really doesn’t work that way.

That said, and semi-rant over I actually thought this one was surprisingly very tasty, though I can’t remember what was in it. It was sort of fruity but also kind of minty/refreshing and vaguely reminded me of cookies. I’d totally drink it again, but because of the flavour and not its ability to “purify the skin”.

Courtney

I agree! My friend here found this tea company that boasts all these things a few weeks ago and the box of bagged tea was $30! She asked me if I wanted to do a joint order. Uh, nope.

keychange

Haha. I remember someone on here was like “saying tea is good for your health/weight loss/whatever is like telling people to have sex to burn callories”

Roswell Strange

Better be a damn big box for $30!

Courtney

Yes a 14-day “teatox” for $35. The company isn’t on Steepster as far as I can tell. I’ll take my regular delicious tea any day, thanks. :)

VariaTEA

Haha I went to Teavana and the woman at the store very excitedly pushed Weight To Go and told me her manager dropped 10 pounds in a week just by adding the tea to her usual routine. My mom and I just looked at her like “Wtf have you been smoking?!?” because it was just such an absurd statement to make.

Angrboda

I totally agree with your rant there. That sort of thing is more than enough to make NOT want to try something.

Dinosara

I once had a tea that was just called “Weight Loss Tea” and even though the tea itself was pretty tasty I never wanted to drink it just because I hated the name!

Kat_Maria

I can only tell you that it did not purify my skin!

A dramatic reduction of dairy in my diet did, though ;)

I gave this tea a try a month ago.

The taste is wasn’t as important to me for this tea like it would be for other teas. I was more interested to see if it helped my skin. I have sensitive skin and I get a problem spot on my face when stressed or once a month for a few days to a week. I was looking for a healthy, natural glow. Not a miracle in a cup when I originally picked up this tea. If I needed more help, I would see my doctor or dermatologist, just so I make my expectations for this tea clear.

And I did start to get a bit of a glow to my face as I followed the 2 to 4 cup regime daily. So I did see some improvement in the two boxes I tried. I would probably see more results had I continued this tea. I’ve had a lot happen in recent months, or in 2013 in general, and I lost track on the Skin DeTox tea regime.

Nice blend, too bad I don’t remember to drink it consistently enough to speak of it’s benefits.

Just purchased this tea, and being a newbie to the tea world, I can’t exactly provide an in-depth review just yet. But I can tell you that the taste is light and sweet; very floral-y, which doesn’t bother me a bit.

I happen to enjoy the rosey quality of this tea. It’s a berry-rose blend for me, suitable to drink plain either hot or cold. I can’t speak much for its benefits as I’ve only just started drinking it, but I think I’ll take a cup per day for a while as an experiment and see how it works!

This is a great berry tea that I REALLY liked steeped with the Numi Dry Desert Lime tisane!