Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Berries, Blueberry, Orange
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by pyarkaaloo

From Yogi Tea

Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life™ is specifically formulated not only to support healthy weight loss, but also to help give you the energy you need to maintain an active lifestyle while dieting. To help suppress the appetite, we add a natural extract of the fruit Garcinia cambogia. We add green tea to supply antioxidants, and ginseng-eleuthero extract to help provide extra energy.* With a light yet sweet blueberry flavor and hints of organic hibiscus, Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life is a fragrant and delicious addition to a weight loss program supported by exercise and a balanced diet.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

About Yogi Tea View company

I was sent a sample of this in the mail. I love the flavor of this green tea! It is so nice and fruity, mostly blueberry but a hint of hibiscus. I will have to pick some of this up. I’m surprised I like this so much!

Jaime

I’ve been eyeballing this one at the store, wondering if it would be worth it. Good to know that it is!

Another tea that I am just not crazy about. It’s nice, but nothing too special in my opinion. It’s almost a little too tart. I’m going to keep a few bags of this one for the fiancee and the rest is up for grabs!

-Standard teabag with a tag.
-Teabag smells of sweet blueberries and fresh tea. Tea liquor aroma is of tart berries.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy medium brown color.
-Tart berry flavor and finish. Overly sweet blueberry aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener.
-Fair tea. A refreshing cup with a strong blueberry flavor and a hint of tartness.

Random Tea Bag Sipdown!

I’m not really a fan of this one, mainly because I don’t think it tastes like blueberry. It has a combination of sweet and tart flavors that you would expect from blueberry, but it tastes like a combination of citrus and hibiscus. I had a look at the ingredients and it contains natural orange flavor and hibiscus which gives it the tart flavor as well as Stevia for the sweet flavors.

This is something huge in the nerd world, but I’m not sure if the more refined know: November is National Novelist’s Writing Month. Everyone in the nerd world knows this, too, but by saying that, that also means that November is NaNoWriMo* time! Every November, silly nerdy people challenge themselves to write a 50k novel in 30 days. And Epicness ensues.

I’ve participated in NaNoWriMo for 6 years (I started 8 years ago, but had a 2-year break during the Evil that is grad school), and won each time! Yes, I can fluff. There tends to be tangents that include bison and squirrels. And, every day, there is a whole lot of tea to be consumed.

I’m writing a post-nuclear post-apocalyptic literary post-genetic-renaissance Dystopian Scientific Romance. It’s pretty scientific, but not that romance-y. All this science and writing and dystopia calls for Blueberry Slim Life tea! I’ve been drinking this tea for about 2 years, and while I can’t say it’s helped me lose weight, I can definitely say that it’s pretty tasty as an iced tea. I know, I’m lame when I can’t have milk in my tea, but still. It’s still good hot, but I’ve noticed that it makes me thirsty unless I dilute it (thirsty = drink more water = feel full = eat less = lose weight?). It’s not sweet, but it definitely has a blueberry overtone that’s bright and very evident.

That’s really good during NaNo, because I’d be snacking otherwise. More tea = less food = not as much weight gain during mad typing month.
*Go to nanowrimo.org if you’re nerdy.

gmathis

I’m a freelance writer by avocation, but it’s all very straight-line, nonfiction, procedural, and occasionally borderline inspirational. I am in awe of people who have the chops to crank out something with a plot. Go to it!

Calochortus

I was going to give some great examples of writing with plot for science (standard operating procedures), but then I realized that most everything I write has plot somewhere and I subconsciously do it with everything. But I’m going to it! Thanks~

Angrboda

Have a look at this thread on the boards http://steepster.com/discuss/3661-nanowrimo-2012-whos-in
There are several of us doing NaNo. :)

Calochortus

Thanks for telling me! I’ll check it out~

Huh. This is tastier than I was expecting. Despite the ridiculous number of ingredients, this really just tastes like blueberry and green tea. There’s a tad of hibiscus contributing nicely to the blueberry flavor without being overwhelming. I can’t taste the stevia, thankfully – I really don’t like stevia anything in my tea.

Overall, this is pretty tasty. As is often the case with Yogi teas, the list of ingredients is fairly lengthy and makes me nervous. This isn’t a tea that I would go out of my way to stock. However, I wouldn’t turn it down if offered.

Thanks to moraiwe for the sample! Another sipdown.

After trying a few samplers of Yogi,I think this one is my preference as a much lighter choice.Blueberry with green tea makes the tea base like indian spices (Yogi Teas almost share the same kind of spice base ,though there is some little adjustments between each one in my opinion ……)much more lovely and softer and juicier.

I pick this one up whenever I see it on sale – it’s a good caffeinated morning cup when I don’t feel up for the heavier flavor of a yerba mate. It’s also a nice perk-up if I’m getting sleepy too early in the evening (example: right now. why am I so tired??). I used to drink this back when it was just plain old Slim Life, and I can’t honestly say I taste much of a difference with the addition of the blueberry. It’s more tart in the way that blueberries are tart, but without really having the taste of the fruit itself, if that makes sense.

Yogi says steep for three minutes, but I find that a 2:45 steep cuts it off just when it’s about to sneak in some bitterness. Also god only knows if this actually helps with weight loss, but for what it’s worth I always take some along with me when I go to visit my grandparents because I know they’ll be plying me with baked goods. Because a cup of caffeinated tea is really going to counterbalance dessert with every meal. Don’t give me that look, it helps me sleep at night.

this is really yummy!

a great blueberry-tasting green tea. the hibiscus & rose hips are instrumental in giving this a fruity tartness (along with bilberry, a close relative of the blueberry), that is all-around pleasant. for some reason, i’m getting a subtle lemongrass note that gives this a slight citrus-y tang. with honey this is even better, though it’s just as delicious without.

i remember purchasing this way back in 2010 because it had ‘blueberry’ in the title & i decided to try my luck. it turned out to be delicious. it’s a pretty exact replication of the flavor it claims to be. Ah, Blueberry. it just agrees with me. and for that i am happy.

ETA: i recently repurchased a box of this in 2014- so the review is for that. tastes just as delicious now as it did then. well done, Yogi.

Flavors: Berries

passable, light blueberry tea. wonder about it actually being effective.

Enjoying this with my breakfast and I am very pleased.
The blueberry taste is just right and does not overpower the green.
This is my new favorite! It’s delicious! :)