Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by malomorgen

• “Couldn't find a category for this tea. Spice blend as it says on the box. They should add the category here on Steepster. I'm thinking it should be yummy once i find the right mix with brown sugar...” Read full tasting note
    malomorgen 224 tasting notes
  • “Hi all! Disappeared for a bit, but then I haven't gotten any new teas lately. Thanks to some sleuthing and a nice attendant in a Yogi Teas distributor shop, I managed to get me some of those...” Read full tasting note
    macaronic 82 tasting notes
  • “This tastes alright in and of itself, but as with most teas if you expect to taste what the box implies you will taste, then you will experience disappointment such as would make a grown woman cry....” Read full tasting note
    TEA-MASTER 5 tasting notes

From Yogi Tea

Exotic spices from the Far East blended with pure cocoa from South America, give this tea a deliciously unique taste and aroma. The wonderful flavours of ginger and cinnamon delicately mingle with the unmistakable essence of cocoa; warming body and spirit. Yogi Tea® Choco is a delightful, festive tea that will inspire feelings of joy with each cup.

Ingredients: Cocoa shells* (60%), cinnamon*, liquorice*, carob*, barley malt*, cardamom*, ginger*, cloves*, cinnamon extract, vanilla extract, black pepper*, ginger extract, vanilla beans*.

The indicated * ingredients are certified organic.

About Yogi Tea View company

Couldn’t find a category for this tea. Spice blend as it says on the box. They should add the category here on Steepster. I’m thinking it should be yummy once i find the right mix with brown sugar and hot milk.
Gotta wait for 5 more minutes. It’s brown and getting darker.

Mmmm smells fabulous. Amazing cocoa scent. Like a very very very good hot chocolate smell. God i hope it tastes kinda like that too. Can you tell i kinda like chocolate? ;)

Its smooth. I mean bit weird having cocoa in water but it’s quite good. Needs some milk tho. Maybe just a bit of sugar.

Cup of milk is in, teaspoon of sugar… ok now with milk it needs more sugar too ;)

Lol this is so not tea. Teabag is the only thing they got in common. But o boy… mmmmmmmmmm…

So 2 cups of hot water, 7 minute steep, then add a cup of hot milk and 2-4 teaspoons of sugar. Lay back and enjoy it…

Pics:

Hi all! Disappeared for a bit, but then I haven’t gotten any new teas lately.

Thanks to some sleuthing and a nice attendant in a Yogi Teas distributor shop, I managed to get me some of those glass mugs I was after! Hurrah! There was a deal on in the store where if you bought 2 Yogi Teas you got a mug for free… So I got another. This is one of those two.

First off, I had a brush with this before, and both times I noticed how thick and creamy and delicious the chocolate aroma is — like a hot chocolate! But the taste in comparison to that sweetness is a tad disappointing. Something about the weakness in flavour makes me wonder if the water I used for it was overboiled or not filtered properly, but I’m only getting cinnamon and ginger out of this, and very weakly, at that.

Going to give it a couple more tries before I rate this badly, I think, but it’s worth trying!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This tastes alright in and of itself, but as with most teas if you expect to taste what the box implies you will taste, then you will experience disappointment such as would make a grown woman cry. It smells nice, though.