Herbal Tea
Barley (Roasted), Black Pepper, Cardamom, Carob, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Flavour, Cloves, Cocoa Bean Shells, Ginger, Licorice, Natural Ginger Flavor, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Extract
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Spices, Creamy
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From Yogi Tea

Exotic spices from the Far East blended with pure cocoa from South America, give this tea a deliciously unique taste and aroma. The wonderful flavours of ginger and cinnamon delicately mingle with the unmistakable essence of cocoa; warming body and spirit. Yogi Tea® Choco is a delightful, festive tea that will inspire feelings of joy with each cup.

Ingredients: Cocoa shells* (60%), cinnamon*, liquorice*, carob*, barley malt*, cardamom*, ginger*, cloves*, cinnamon extract, vanilla extract, black pepper*, ginger extract, vanilla beans*.

The indicated * ingredients are certified organic.

About Yogi Tea View company

Couldn’t find a category for this tea. Spice blend as it says on the box. They should add the category here on Steepster. I’m thinking it should be yummy once i find the right mix with brown sugar and hot milk.
Gotta wait for 5 more minutes. It’s brown and getting darker.

Mmmm smells fabulous. Amazing cocoa scent. Like a very very very good hot chocolate smell. God i hope it tastes kinda like that too. Can you tell i kinda like chocolate? ;)

Its smooth. I mean bit weird having cocoa in water but it’s quite good. Needs some milk tho. Maybe just a bit of sugar.

Cup of milk is in, teaspoon of sugar… ok now with milk it needs more sugar too ;)

Lol this is so not tea. Teabag is the only thing they got in common. But o boy… mmmmmmmmmm…

So 2 cups of hot water, 7 minute steep, then add a cup of hot milk and 2-4 teaspoons of sugar. Lay back and enjoy it…

Pics:

Hi all! Disappeared for a bit, but then I haven’t gotten any new teas lately.

Thanks to some sleuthing and a nice attendant in a Yogi Teas distributor shop, I managed to get me some of those glass mugs I was after! Hurrah! There was a deal on in the store where if you bought 2 Yogi Teas you got a mug for free… So I got another. This is one of those two.

First off, I had a brush with this before, and both times I noticed how thick and creamy and delicious the chocolate aroma is — like a hot chocolate! But the taste in comparison to that sweetness is a tad disappointing. Something about the weakness in flavour makes me wonder if the water I used for it was overboiled or not filtered properly, but I’m only getting cinnamon and ginger out of this, and very weakly, at that.

Going to give it a couple more tries before I rate this badly, I think, but it’s worth trying!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Another tea from MissB adventures in europe. I had this and thoroughly enjoyed it. Much like cacao shells only a little more like hot cocoa. A fan of these, especially since they’re teabag form! thanks missB!

Another of my favourite teas! Seems really to drink chocolate with a little bit o spices !

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Spices

Anyone who loves chocolate should try this, and I’m sure there is alittle bit of cinnamon in there too! :) It’s fabulous! :)

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon

1 teabag used. Infused for 8 minutes.

Creamy and chocolate-y. I would definitely try to infuse longer for a longer time in the future or use double tea bags to get a stronger flavour.

Thanks to MissB for sharing with me!

Flavors: Chocolate, Creamy

8 min or more 13 OZ / 375 ML

I’m not a chai lover and I didn’t like cacao so I am probably not the target audience for This tea. Still, as I sip this, I can see it being a favourite among those who do enjoy those teas. When I took my first sip, I immediately thought Mexican hot chocolate. However, it goes beyond that. The barley base keeps this from being too dense but also contributes a nice roastiness. The vanilla is also a nice touch as it adds a touch of brightness to the cup. There is also a nice warmth from one of the spices, I’m thinking it’s ginger but I might be wrong about that. Overall, it’s not something I would reach for but it’s a tea I would certainly recommend. Thank you MissB and Sil for the opportunity to try it out!

Oh yes. Oh very yes. For those who loved a certain cacao tea that was more Mexican hot chocolate than cacao, this is your new replacement. It is mine! A mix between a Chai and cacao, with vanilla and barley thrown in… Delicious.

Cameron B.

Sounds yummy, especially with the barley!

Fjellrev

Totally! I burnt through a couple boxes of these when I lived in Europe. Kind of miss it.

This tastes alright in and of itself, but as with most teas if you expect to taste what the box implies you will taste, then you will experience disappointment such as would make a grown woman cry. It smells nice, though.