Vanilla Spice Perfect Energy

Black Green Blend
Ashwagandha, Assam Black Tea, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger Root, Gotu Kola Leaves, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Green Tea Leaves, Honey Bush Leaves, L Theanine Suntheanine, Licorice Root, Rooibos Leaves, Shankpushpi Leaf, Shatavari Root, Stevia Leaf, Vanilla Bean
Spices, Wet Wood, Bitter, Creamy, Vanilla, Cinnamon
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 355 ml

From Yogi Tea

Yogi Perfect Energy provides the “perfect” energy boost. It is a unique blend of tea with naturally invigorating herbs that energize the body and focus the mind, without jittery side effects. A complex and delicious blend of Green Tea and Assam Black Tea invigorate the body, while natural amino acid L-Theanine promotes calm, mental focus. Ayurvedic herbs Organic Gotu Kola Leaf and Ashwagandha act to balance and energize naturally. Flavored with vanilla bean and exotic spices, this delicious tea is sure to energize the body while calming and focusing the mind with every cup.

About Yogi Tea View company

I needed a bit of energy this morning after last night’s Halloween antics with 4 kids and a husband in tow. So this one came out. It came from a sample box from KallieBoo, so thanks go to her :)
To be honest, I’m not really digging this tea. It’s too rooibos-y for me. It does have some redeeming qualities though. It’s hot, slightly sweet, and has some spice taste to it. Not one I’d buy for myself though.

gmathis

I’ve never had much luck with Yogi teas. Too many funky things that distract from whatever the “real” flavor is supposed to be.

KeenTeaThyme

I agree with you both, although the Energizing Mint is pretty decent. There are usually a lot of funky (and not the good kind of funk) involved. Blech.

IrishBreakfastLass

Well now I know. lol Definitely don’t like that ‘cluttered’ feeling in my tea.

I got this from a coworker and today I could really use a boost. I’m practically falling asleep here as I type this.

Now, Yogi and I are not friends. Everything I’ve tried by them has had all kinds of weird medicinal aftertastes. Plus, they tend to put licorice and anise in everything — which is great if you’re drinking absinthe, but I don’t like it in my tea! This one smells strange dry, as I expected. Not like vanilla, that’s for sure. More like the inside of someone’s spice cabinet. Too much going on at once.

As it steeps, the water changes to a shade of brown I’d expect from a black tea. It smells much more like vanilla and cinnamon now, but with some other herbal, chamomile-like notes. The actual taste is surprisingly pleasant! The vanilla is creamy and really lingers in my mouth. It’s complimented by the cinnamon, though the spiced aspect is pretty tame.

As far as the effects go, I’ll have to come back and edit.
EDIT: While this tea didn’t work any magic on me, I do feel considerably more alert. I can imagine this would be good first thing in the morning, right before work. But for now, I’m too far gone. Nap time…

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

Tabby

Sure, I’ve done a lot of reviews like this before! Where should I send the info? You don’t have a “Send Message” button on your profile.

Just Organic Tea

Tabby - you can try again (I just updated our email address, so perhaps it was still "loading." Or, you can email me from the website, or just type it in directly - <a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="mailto:infojustorganictea.com">[email protected]

MMM the first time I tried this I cold brewed it. I was at work and in need of something besides water. It was sooo creamy and delicious. It was strong too. So I was excited to try it hot :] It’s still creamy and delicious! Only hot. And paired with yogurt pretzels. Mm especially when they’re dipped in my tea. They get all melty and add some extra flavor to the tea. BEST SNACK EVER

I hope they’re not discontinuing this tea – I couldn’t find it anywhere on their website! Amazon still has it for sale, and I’ve seen it locally, so hopefully it’s just some sort of a glitch.

Anyways – I LOVE this tea. It’s strong and a bit sweet – I add a bit of honey and a dash of almond milk, and it’s mm-mm good that way. It also energizes me without giving me the jitters – I’m very sensitive to caffeine, coffee is WAY too much & leaves me shaky/irritable all day. This is perfect though. It’s my go-to morning tea at the moment.

I stopped by a health store the other day and as I was browsing around, I came across the tea section. I wasn’t really looking for something in particular but this one caught my eye because of its claims of energy. I recently started going back to school and my Monday classes start at 7:30 AM. Yes, super early classes at the start of the week are so agonizing! Anyway, to my surprise it did work!

Now mind you, I’m writing this review after only trying it once so this is just my first impression and I’m hoping that it won’t change over time. I steeped it in a re-useable venti Starbucks cup that was about 3/4 full of hot water and used two tea bags. I let it sit for about 8 minutes. Though I did not add any sweetener or flavoring, it tasted great! I actually didn’t add any milk and oddly it tasted like I was drinking a chai latte. The only downside is that it did taste watery and the vanilla flavor was very faint, despite using two bags and steeping it for a considerable amount of time.

I do recommend that you eat something while or before drinking this because if you’re easily affected by caffeine (This has 80 mg in one cup, so x2 I had 160 mg. Coffee has 90 mg in one cup) you’re going to want to counter the jitters or at least decrease them by having something in your stomach. I drank this during my research class on an empty stomach and I was very jittery and restless, but I did feel mentally alert. It’s been 4 hours since I drank this and the energy is still coming.

This is my first Yogi tea and I do like it and would be open to trying their other products. However, although it did stick to its claim and tasted perfectly spiced, I wish that there was more body to it.

Flavors: Spices, Wet Wood

8 min or more

The tea tastes good, but what I really don’t like about it is the box. It goes on and on about the health benefits in tea. Tea is not magic, people! The picture of the woman meditating with her hand on her nose got a laugh out of me, though.

I haven’t been logging as many teas lately because I feel like I’ve been drinking the same ones over and over. It’s my first time to try this particular tea though so here we go. This is the first Yogi tea I’ve seen that actually has tea in it. My husband had a cup and absolutely loved it so I’m trying it today with a little honey and cream. It’s bitter but I let it steep too long so I’m sure that’s on me. The honey helps to tame it. But it’s more like a bitter root than a bitter tea so it may just be one of the ingredients. The flavor is good, though there is not as much chai spice as I had hoped. The description says this tea energizes without the jittery side effects but I actually do feel a little jittery.

Yogi Thought of the Day: Live through consciousness, not through emotion.

Consciousness: the state of being awake and aware of one’s surroundings; the fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world.

This Yogi quote is actually quite relevant at the moment. We’ve started doing yoga these past three weeks (our yoga “practice”) and our teacher has really been stressing being mindful of our bodies and staying connected and grounded. I’ve also been reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and thinking not only of what will make me happy but also of what will make me a better person. Yoga is one of these things. Taking care of my body through yoga, eating healthy (green smoothies!), and basic care is becoming more important to me as I get older. Also on my list, learning patience and finding kindness again. Reconnecting with my faith and my church. I think it’s just coincidence that this falls around the new year as I’ve been working toward these goals (one at a time) for the past few weeks. I want to be a good person, the wife my husband deserves, and a kind and supportive friend to those around me. I’m being mindful and making it happen. Words have weight and I am trying to focus on speaking them with awareness and not just mindlessly.

Flavors: Bitter

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a very creamy (little spice) vanilla tea. Perfect pick me up for the mid-day slump!

Flavors: Creamy, Vanilla

This is the best tea ever. Very smooth with a bit of kick. It is all that I drink. It has the ability to give me energy and calm my mind. I wondered how this was possible and I read the ingredients. That’s exactly what it does. Give energy and calm the mind. It contains ingredients that can be pricey in some concoctions. Such as Sun Potions Ashwagandha powder. I don’t know what I’d do if it was ever discontinued. Very very addicting.

Fantastic warming fall tea. It smells and tastes like apple and pumpkin pie mixed with cinnamon and sugary goodness. Gives me tons of get up and go.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spices