Chai Rooibos

Cardamon, Spices, Sweet
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by rosebudmelissa

From Yogi Tea

Evoke the beauty of South Africa with Yogi’s delicious all organic Chai Rooibos – a creative twist on traditional chai. Bask in the spicy warmth of Indian chai with caffeine-free rooibos, the red tea of South Africa. Enjoyed for centuries by the people of the Western Cape of South Africa, rooibos is now known to be a potent antioxidant, which helps protect the body from damaging free radicals. A traditional Ayurvedic combination of cardamom, cinnamon and clove adds gently warming and cleansing properties. Enjoy Chai Rooibos any time of day for a stimulating cup of tea.

About Yogi Tea View company

This is great with a splash of Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk/coconut milk. It smooths out the spices and adds some gentle coconut flavor, no sugar needed (and less fat, more calcium than dairy milk!). taken this way, it reminds me of the “Thai Coconut Chai” I used to have from Celestial Seasonings.

Boiling 8 min or more

A bright almost orange-flavored chai – no orange in there though! Has a good amount of spice to it. I had it chilled, without milk or sugar. (Tea is how I convince myself to drink enough water every day!) I like that it’s rooibos, so I won’t oversteep it and make it bitter.

Thanks to Rachel for recommending I try a rooibos-based chai!

One of my absolute favorite blends of chai. So much body and so nourishing, refreshing and warming. I find it best on it own untainted and well steeped.

145 °F / 62 °C 8 min or more

Delish , it makes me feel like I’m in india and south africa at the same time with a teaspoon of honey it warms you up with a tang of spice and fruit

I’ve been looking for a good bagged rooibos chai, so I ordered five different kinds from Amazon. This is probably my least favorite. I really don’t like cardamon, which is the second ingredient after rooibos, and it has stevia, which often bothers my stomach and tastes unpleasant to me. Even with milk, the cardamon flavor dominated. This may be just what someone else is looking for, but it’s really not for me.

Flavors: Cardamon, Spices, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This one doesn’t do much for me. No matter how long I steep this tea the rooibos overpowers the spices. It’s pretty bland.

This is an ok rooibos chai but not really a favorite. I’ve come to realize I like chais that contain both fennel and pepper because I like the spicy kick that comes with that. this chai is on the sweeter side, with cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and clove. It also contains stevia, which is a bit on the strong side for me. When I sweeten with stevia, I use a bottle dropper and one or two drops because it just gets so overwhelming if you use too much. After I drink this I get the “too much” kind of taste in my mouth.

Anyway I am sure I will finish the box, but can’t tea makers just let you add your own stevia or sugar to tea after you’ve brewed it?

This is OK, a mild chai. I like it because it has no caffeine, but its not strong enough to stand up to the addition of some honey and milk.

This is a perfect blend of spices to make an excellent chai. The fact that its rooibos allows me a spicy and warming cup at night, and it really mellows me out. Strong, but not overpowering flavours. Will buy again and again.

I picked this up wanting something seasonal for Autumn. I love the tangy flavor you get from the rooibos mixed with the spiciness of the chai. I add some vanilla soy milk and ground ginger to it and it’s so calming and yummy before bed. Perfecto.