Egyptian Licorice Mint

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “This is very much a two-note sort of tea. First you get the cooling, herbal, almost bitter taste of the mint. Then, as that fades out, the sweet, almost sugary licorice flavour fades in to take...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1607 tasting notes
  • “I've had this tea bag in my cupboard for quite awhile. It has been glaring at me, but I've been resisting because I don't usually care for licorice. Strangely though, it sounds really, really good...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “Sickeningly sweet. I enjoy the spicy and sweet notes of Yogi Detox, and was hoping that this herbal tea would be a nice alternative. Unfortunately, I think they went overboard with the Stevia Leaf....” Read full tasting note
    poemaXX 10 tasting notes
  • “Yogi Tea make some of my favorite tea bags. And I can't say no to licorice OR mint! My first few sips this morning were perfect. The first note is mint, followed by licorice, and finished...” Read full tasting note
    thewaterbird 53 tasting notes

From Yogi Tea

Breathe in the luscious scents of organic licorice and refreshing peppermint in our Egyptian Licorice Mint. Treasured for its natural sweetness and healthful properties, licorice has been used in many herbal traditions to soothe the stomach. To this richly flavored herb we add peppermint, traditionally used as a digestive aid, to create an intriguing blend that delights your palate as it soothes your tummy. Finally, a spicy Ayurvedic blend of cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and clove adds warming and cleansing properties. This deliciously healthful blend offers an enlivening boost any time of day.

About Yogi Tea View company

This is very much a two-note sort of tea. First you get the cooling, herbal, almost bitter taste of the mint. Then, as that fades out, the sweet, almost sugary licorice flavour fades in to take its place. There’s maybe a hint of spices on the aftertaste, but they’re not the focus of this tea.

I got this for the boyfriend-creature because he likes Yogi’s Egyptian Licorice and since we’d run out of that one I figured I’d introduce him to something similar, but a bit different. Thankfully he enjoys it and I think it’s pretty decent too, although I wished that the mint and licorice would mesh better on the tongue.

I’ve had this tea bag in my cupboard for quite awhile. It has been glaring at me, but I’ve been resisting because I don’t usually care for licorice. Strangely though, it sounds really, really good tonight.
Initially the mint hits you very clearly with the sweet licorice not too far behind. Honestly, the licorice in this isn’t the typical candy-like sweetness that I can’t stand. The licorice in this seems to only impart a sweetness instead of an actual flavor.
Overall, I probably wouldn’t buy this again but it isn’t horrible. The more I drink it, the more I kind of like it.

gmathis

Yogi pretty much over-licorices everything, which is sad—-there are a lot of varieties that sound pretty tasty otherwise.

Sickeningly sweet. I enjoy the spicy and sweet notes of Yogi Detox, and was hoping that this herbal tea would be a nice alternative. Unfortunately, I think they went overboard with the Stevia Leaf. I feel like it coats my mouth with each sip. That being said, I am drinking it cold, so it might be more palatable when hot.

UPDATE: Tried it hot. Much more tolerable. Improved my score.

Babble

I like how it improved your score but it’s still a 34. LOL.

This blend sounds like everything I hate all rolled into one: licorice AND stevia. Ick ick ick. I’ve yet to find a tea blend that uses stevia to where it’s not annoying.

poemaXX

It’s really not something I’d repurchase! I feel like the fact that I feel compelled to finish it means that score will stay low. LOL Drinking this down is punishment enough for my harsh judgment of it.

I’d never tried stevia and this was a bizarre introduction.

Yogi Tea make some of my favorite tea bags. And I can’t say no to licorice OR mint!

My first few sips this morning were perfect. The first note is mint, followed by licorice, and finished with a nice sweet taste. This is one of my favorite wake up teas. Unfortunately, I got busy, and it steeped too long I suppose. A lot of the sweetness and minty zip is gone.

I’m scoring this high, though, because I know it can be near perfect for my tastes.

A friend who swears by this tea gave me a couple bags to try, and I brewed it with hope since she did love it so much.

The tea itself wasn’t bad, but I felt that my entire experience was overshadowed by the stevia. By the fifth sip that was all I could taste, and it almost felt like it was coating my mouth. Sadly, this isn’t the tea for me.

This is a wonderful marriage of spicy licorice and soothing mint – I love it! I stumbled across this one by accident. I bought it my mistake at the organic food market thinking it was another one I really liked. Sure, I could have returned it – but I’m adventurous. I’m glad I took the risk, this is one tea I hate being without!

This is a tea that I enjoy every once and awhile, which was initially a surprise since I’m not too keen on licorice. The mint is the first thing to stand out, and the sweetness of the licorice doesn’t really surface until you take a breath between sips, though I do find that the closer I get to finishing a cup (or the longer I let it steep) the more prominent that flavor becomes. All in all, a pleasant blend to enjoy from time to time. I should try preparing it to the specifications and see how much the taste differs.

I already like Egyptian Licorice so I bought this tea thinking the addition of mint would make it even better. I was wrong. The mint is just one flavor too many. I’ll stick with Egyptian Licorice.

This is probably my favorite tea for the moment. I adore mint, and find that a sweet afternoon tea is every bit as comforting as my customary 3pm coffee. Being bagged, it’s a “no gear required” tea: perfect for the cubicle cupboard.

Don’t normally like licorice in tea. This was a tasty surprise!