Soothing Caramel Bedtime

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by jmla

• “Ok. Lost my post 2 times now. Starting to go crazy. Here's the gist: I wandered into the grocery store looking for Tazo's Rest, but couldn't find it, so I settled for this despite previous...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 475 tasting notes
  • “This is a good bedtime tea, sweet and soothing. I can taste the other herbs, but they're not overpowering (as in many herbal teabags, for me) - the predominant taste is caramel, with maybe a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    teabird 403 tasting notes
  • “Throw a bunch of... crap together and Yogi will call it "Caramel" and oh yeah, don't forget that essential Yogi black pepper. There are so many ingredients here though. I have no idea how this is...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1415 tasting notes
  • “This is the best bedtime tea I've ever had, in terms of how well it works. I only use it when I'm really really super restless, like last night. The tea just makes me feel a little more relaxed...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 328 tasting notes

From Yogi Tea

Relax, and breathe in the enchanting aroma of our Soothing Caramel Bedtime® tea. This blend is an effective combination of L-Theanine, Organic Chamomile Flower, Skullcap and California Poppy specifically formulated to support deep relaxation by calming the body and mind, helping you to fall asleep quickly, enjoy a restful night’s sleep and awake refreshed. Sweet, creamy Rooibos, Caramel and Vanilla adds delicious, warming flavor that’s just right for drinking before bedtime. So, relax and drink Soothing Caramel Bedtime tea – for a good night’s sleep.

About Yogi Tea View company

Ok. Lost my post 2 times now. Starting to go crazy. Here’s the gist:

I wandered into the grocery store looking for Tazo’s Rest, but couldn’t find it, so I settled for this despite previous negative experiences with Yogi teas. When selecting bedtime teas, I usually go with blends that contain valerian root, which this doesn’t have. Plus, I don’t even like rooibos, but here I am, tempted by the promise of caramel.

I gave it the full 10 minutes, as the packaging says to steep for 5-10. The tea brewed up to a dark ambery brown, like black tea, and reeked of chamomile. To be short, it doesn’t taste like vanilla or caramel. The main flavors I detect are chamomile, rooibos, nutmeg, and cinnamon. This is followed by that general “Yogi” herbal taste that I’ve noticed in everything I’ve tried by this particular brand.

As far as herbal effects go, I do feel a bit of a sleepy, comfortable feeling. I can’t tell if it’s the placebo effect or not, but I do feel more relaxed and ready to fall asleep. It’s not as strong as Yogi’s Bedtime (which contains valerian), but it still has an effect. Maybe I’ll steep two bags at once next time and see what happens.

Boiling 8 min or more
gmathis

No licorice-y taste? (That’s what pretty much turned me off with Yogi blends altogether.)

Auggy

Have you tried Stash’s Mellow Moments? It doesn’t have valerian but for some reason it just knocks me out and it has a nice minty flavor which seems unusual in the help-you-sleep herbals I’ve seen. I haven’t tried Tazo’s Rest, but I’m with gmathis on the Yogi stuff – they like licorice too much!

Tabby

No licorice in this one, but it still tastes pretty unpleasant. And no, Auggy, I haven’t tried that one yet. I like mint, so maybe I’ll give it a try! My grocery store carries a lot of Stash’s teas, so maybe they’ll have it.

This is a good bedtime tea, sweet and soothing. I can taste the other herbs, but they’re not overpowering (as in many herbal teabags, for me) – the predominant taste is caramel, with maybe a bit of barley and chamomile. No licorice flavor! Yay!

Very good for a bagged herbal tea – will likely buy more whenever I see it on sale.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
gmathis

No licorice—that’s a surprise! A limited variety of Yogi teas can be found in our part of the world. I’ll have to chase this one down. Hard to find a good nighttime herbal that isn’t lemony-minty.

TeaBrat

This sounds yummy!

teabird

I know! It seems like they put licorice (or fennel, or slippery elm) in just about everything :( And all bedtime teas must be mint, lemon balm, or chamomile – aargh!

But not this one! Well, a bit of chamomile, but it’s not the primary flavor… anyway, it’s a very yummy change :) I’d definitely recommend

Throw a bunch of… crap together and Yogi will call it “Caramel” and oh yeah, don’t forget that essential Yogi black pepper. There are so many ingredients here though. I have no idea how this is supposed to be caramel! I’m mainly tasting chamomile, which somehow is making it taste like plastic, pepper and stevia. The steep color looks like caramel, anyway! I’ve had better Yogi teas.

I will be treating myself to triple steeps of zentealife.com’s Phoenix Pearls all day tomorrow! (Or I guess today since it’s two in the morning.) I hope everyone is having the best holiday season they can! Happy Holidays!

K S

Your first two sentences are exactly why I never review Yogi teas. Seldom do I feel inclined to review a tea with more than three ingredients. That rule has served me well.

Enjoy the Phoenix Pearls. A truly worthy sip!

Tea Sipper

Well, there are some teas that are worth it with more than three ingredients… just not the teas that throw everything together and call it caramel. I’m drinking the phoenix pearls now — so good!

This is the best bedtime tea I’ve ever had, in terms of how well it works. I only use it when I’m really really super restless, like last night.

The tea just makes me feel a little more relaxed and open to clearing my mind. I drank it before I did some yoga, meditation, and prayer, and it definitely helped get my mind in the right place for those things.

Yogi teas all taste basically the same to me, so I’m not making a plug for its flavor. It tastes like a sweet, apple-y, herbal bouquet of so-so-ness. No caramel that I can detect, despite what the ingredient list claims. But it really does deliver on its promise of “supporting a good night’s sleep.”

1908 tasting notes

Random Tea Bag Sipdown!

I only managed a few sips of this before I accidentally knocked it over, but I didn’t feel it was any great loss. I didn’t particularly care for the flavor of this tea. It doesn’t really taste like caramel, but it is slightly sweet, most likely from the stevia. Most of what I tasted was cinnamon.

I got a sample of this from the Yogi website, and definitely needed something soothing after a stressful day at work. It smells great. Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, hint of vanilla. I love cinnamon. This doesn’t actually taste very cinnamon-y, though. The flavor is overwhelmingly chamomile, with smooth vanilla on the back end. A hint of pepper as I’m reaching the bottom of the cup.

I like this as a bedtime tea. It really is soothing. It’s somewhat disturbing that it has so many ingredients, though – chamomile, rooibos, roasted chicory root, skullcap leaf, nutmeg kernel, caramel flavor, vanilla flavor, some kind of bark, stevia leaf, poppy extract, ginger root, L. Theanine Suntheanine, clove bud, black pepper, cinnamon bark, cardamom seed oil, ginger root oil… it seems a bit much.

I’m at the bottom now and still don’t know whether I would actually buy this. It’s tasty and soothing, but nothing outstanding, and the long ingredients list is off-putting.

Steeped in boiling water for 10 minutes, per package instructions.

While grocery shopping this tea caught my eye. It has a sweet/spicy taste to it. First taste is slightly spicy then it takes a turn for the sweet side leaving a vanilla/caramel aftertaste. You can definitely tell it has rooibos in it, too. It is a very nice “before bed” tea :]

Well, not heading to bed any time soon, but a coworker gave me this, so I figured I would give it a shot.

I bought this tea without looking at the ingredients, yikes! I don’t really want to try this one. However, my aunt enjoys it immensely. She says it’s delicious with a touch of sugar.

I went to the store looking specifically for a sleep blend. I picked a few up but chose this one as I love caramel. Unfortunately, I do not taste any caramel. But it does have a nice spicy yet sweet flavor and after one sip I felt relaxed. Time will tell if it helps my slumber.