Egyptian Licorice

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SCLisi

• “And here it is, *Sipdown No. 100!* I've enjoyed Licorice teas for about 30 years, & I still do. Licorice root has blood sugar balancing qualities, & I love the sweet aftertaste. And with that,...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3072 tasting notes
  • “I tend to get a bit of a dry cough at night time and this helps soothe my itchy throat sometimes. I was somewhat surprised to find only two tea bags left when I went rooting through the tea...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1630 tasting notes
  • “I've been reading a lot about the health benefits of pau d'arco and want to try drinking more of it this winter in the hopes it will perk up my immune system. Unfortunately the taste of it is...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2584 tasting notes
  • “I really hate licorice, but Kristin sent me a bag of this, so I sucked it up and tried it. It reminds me of the tea they give out free samples of in Aveda stores and sell loose. I actually used to...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes

From Yogi Tea

Imagine yourself in a time long ago when kings and queens indulged their senses with the aromas and flavors of spices from the four corners of their empires. The great pharaohs of ancient Egypt treasured the magical licorice root for its natural sweetness, rich flavor and healthful properties. Caffeine-free Egyptian Licorice Tea contains organic licorice root, organic cinnamon bark, organic orange peel and a blend of other fabulous herbs that make this tea a full-bodied, satisfying delight. Treat yourself like royalty with a cup of this very special tea. Enjoy organic Egyptian Licorice Tea with a book, after dinner, or whenever you are in the mood for something regal.

Ingredients: Organic licorice root, organic cinnamon bark, organic orange peel, organic ginger root, organic cardamom seed, natural flavors, organic black pepper, and organic clove bud.

About Yogi Tea View company

an interesting tea with an interesting name.

orange and cloves, an inherant sweetness so that it can be taken clear with no regret. i am uncertain as to what name i would have named this little work of art, but the work ‘chai’ likely would have worked its way into the title most likely. not a trace of anise… an excellent tea despite the inaccurate name.

Since I had been turned on to loose leaf teas, I began to stray away from tea bags, but I tried this one while visiting a friend and was very pleasantly surprised! I went into it with quite a cynical outlook (I thought myself quite a tea snob), but that all changed on my first sip: it started off spicy and warming, almost like a chai tea, but then the sweetness of what I assume was wither the licorice or stevia promptly set in and I could literally feel my mouth get coated by the sweetness. It was a very odd feeling that is difficult to explain, and should rather be experienced. I was shocked that nothing had been added to sweeten the tea, as the sweet aftertaste was almost overpowering (but in a good way!).

This tea served as a decent reminder to me that good tea can come in bags, and if I can figure out where to buy it then I shall definitely be stocking up very soon!

Boiling

Probably one of the nicest teas I have ever had. I was mailed a sample directly from the Yogi company and at first I was a bit wary. I was thinking it was going to taste like licorice candy or licorice ropes. The very strong, bitter, black-tasting licorice that stains your teeth and ruins jellybeans at Easter. This is not the case.

It’s a very spicy, fruity-sweet tea that has an amazing after taste. I made this and steeped it in a pot for 4 minutes with no sugar & no honey (my preference is honey). After the first cup I was thinking it was a fluke. “The aftertaste can’t be so naturally sweet.” I was thinking. I poured a second cup. Same thing. This is an amazing stand-alone tea that does not need any other sweetener. It can hold it’s own and I would highly recommend it to anyone for those late night comfort-drinks.

I love REAL licorice tea. I think it’s pretty simple yet complex. One of my go to teas. It is one of the only teas that I will always buy that is bagged. I will not quit it…lol. It is a staple for me. With a touch of cream it is a delight. I have even made it on the stovetop with milk, then put it in the fridge to cool.it makes a nice ice tea.

I have even surprised a few friends that swear up and down that they hate licorice. I pour them a glass of this over ice, and they lap it up. Which makes me laugh since they keep saying they hate licorice, but love this.

This is a fantastic tisane. The licorice spice imparts a natural sweetness. However the licorice is artfully mitigated by a host of other spices that make this one of the best licorice teas I have ever tasted. This wonderful tisane tickles the tongue and lingers just the right amount of time. It has a great mouthfeel, despite the presence of the abundance of licorice spice. Because of the presence of licorice spice, this tisane can stain the palette for quite some time, though not as long as Stash’s verity. It makes a great after dinner, or evening drink.

Boiling 8 min or more

Homework lost the battle tonight, due to stress. I’m gonna unwind with a cup of this stuff (I’m hoping it will counterbalance the near pound of cake frosting that I ate straight from the jar today… Oops) and just revisit the assignment tomorrow.

It’s sweet, it’s gentle, it’s warming… Just what I need.

For a little while now there has been a box of tea sitting in our cupboard that I have been somewhat timid of trying. As it stared me down when I opened the cabinet doors this morning I decided it was time I tried it out. It is spicy and sweet! Such a weird sensation. I don’t mind the flavor but it isn’t something I could drink everyday. It has the same color as apple juice which really throws me off.

Update: Even though I don’t live with my parents anymore now I still find a box of this in their cupboard when I go home.

Since I do not like licorice I am not going to leave a rating but suffice to say the tea has lots of it!

Spicy, licorice-y, delicious — another great tea offering from Yogi Teas!

Delicious!