Lemon Ginger

Herbal Tea
Black Pepper, Citric Acid, Lemon Peel, Licorice Root, Natural Lemon Flavor, Organic Ginger, Organic Lemongrass, Peppermint
Ginger, Lemon, Licorice, Spicy, Sweet
Tea Bag
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Yogi Tea

Our Lemon Ginger tea is based on a traditional formula that supports digestion, eases minor stomach upset and provides a refreshing herbal pick-me-up. We use organic ginger, used for centuries by Ayurvedic practitioners to support digestion and warm the metabolism. The sourness of lemon promotes the secretion of digestive juices* and provides the perfect counterpoint to the piquant-sweet taste of ginger. Licorice and peppermint leaf add sophisticated nuance to the formula. Enjoy a cup of Lemon Ginger when your tummy needs a little taming, when you need to reinvigorate your body, or when you simply want a delicious, healthy drink.

Ingredients: Organic ginger root, organic lemongrass, natural lemon flavor, organic licorice root, organic lemon peel, organic peppermint leaf, organic black pepper, natural licorice flavor, citric acid.

About Yogi Tea View company

My friend gave me a teabag of this tea because she didn’t like it. To be honest, I am drinking this tea tonight because of an upset stomach. Steeping, this tea became quite cloudy and had an almost overwhelmingly strong scent. The most pleasant part of the sip comes at the beginning when you get a burst of ginger and a bit of lemon. The bite smooths out into a sweet, very strange aftertaste. I am detecting a bit of licorice and something that tickles the throat. I wish that more lemon were present — I do enjoy that tart, strong lemon kick that is sometimes found in herbal teas. If I felt like I didn’t need this cup tonight, I honestly wouldn’t finish it.

JacquelineM

I have the ginger one and the black pepper is very present. I use one bag for the whole pot, and add crystalized ginger and honey to smooth it out. When I’m done the box, I think I’ll try some other ginger tea!

QueenOfTarts

Adding honey would have been a good idea.. I really didn’t like this tea at all. :) I’ve found that Yogi Teas are really peppery for some reason.

Lemon Ginger & Stomach Ease (Yogi Tea)

A simply delicious combination for indigestion,heartburn and stuffy cold symptoms!!

Boiling 8 min or more

A late night cup after singing a two hour concert. Lemon ginger, agave nectar, and a tot of rum. Yum!

A loan from a friend for my upset stomach yesterday after lunch.
It’s more gingery than the regular ginger tea from Yogi. I’m not tasting a lot of lemon really, but there is certainly a bite to it.
Perhaps because of my new favorite Lemon Ginger Oolong, I was hoping for something similar, but it’s almost all ginger.
Still, not bad and it helped my “stummy” as my friend called it.

Love the spicy bite of licorice. I like to brew it strong and sip it throughout the day. Best on its own, but a touch of honey is nice too. This is my go-to herbal tea!

This was nice. An old friend brought this to me as a reconnecting gift (along with cookies), and it was a lovely tea to share with my partner. He doesn’t usually had many opinions about tea, but he was very excited about this one.

This is pleasantly gingery with a bit of bite. The lemon is there too, not overly tart. And then an intense sweetness from licorice, which I wasn’t expecting, but was tasty.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemon, Licorice, Spicy, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

It took a direct side-by-side comparison with Stash Lemon Ginger for me to realize how much better Yogi Lemon Ginger really is. There are a few ingredient differences. In the Yogi Lemon Ginger, licorice root and black pepper may really improve the blend. My impression is that the black pepper heightens the piquancy of the ginger, making the brew much more invigorating than the Stash, which tastes a bit stale by contrast.

Yogi Lemon Ginger tastes better to me, but I don’t like it as much as Tazo Settle, and the best ginger brew of all is made using freshly grated ginger root. Still, for a quick filter bag ginger fix, this one is pretty good.

Drinking with Camembert Cheese before bed