Calming

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Yogi Tea

This healing formula contains Organic Chamomile (Matricaria recutita), an herbal nervine that supports, soothes and rejuvenates the nerves. Known for its mild, apple-like flavor, Chamomile tea has been used as a calming agent for centuries and is widely regarded for the way in which it helps compose the mind and cool the body. Organic Lemon Grass is also included in this formula, as it is a popular antispasmodic and mild anti-irritant. Our blend is complemented with Bacopa Leaf (Gotu Kola), a healing nerve tonic that helps promote blood flow, supports the nervous system and has been shown to boost the memory.

Ingredients:
Passion Flower Extract (40 Mg), Proprietary Bend of Herbs (1671 Mg), Organic Licorice Root, Organic Chamomile Flower, Bacopa Leaf (Gotu Kola), Organic Hibiscus Flower, Organic Fennel Seed, Organic Lemon Grass, Organic Cardamom Seed, Organic Orange Peel, Organic Rose Hips, Organic English Lavender Flower, Barley Malt, Natural Plum Flavor.

About Yogi Tea View company

Random Teabag Sipdown

There are a lot of flavors going on with this tea, which is pretty typical of any yogi blend. It was a little odd tasting and tasted very strongly of licorice and chamomile. The other flavors surprisingly enough didn’t really stand out.

Boiling 8 min or more

I was looking for an alternative grocery store tea that I could pick up because the kava wouldn’t go well with my migraine pills I’ve been taking. This one is still not quite what I was looking for (wanted St. John’s Wort) but it’ll work. I picked this over one of their other “calming” teas because I really love cardamom and fennel. I don’t know if I’m really going to taste it once the tea is brewed, but they’re in there!
The bag smells very medicinal to me. Or like some kind of odd forest floor type smell. Brewed I can tell they must have added a sweetener or something as that is the first thing I can smell. Brewed it smells almost just like my friend’s home from childhood. They were Chinese and always had something interesting brewing. This was one of those don’t ask, just drink/eat situations; but it was always something wonderful in the end.
The flavor is..interesting? It tastes like an oriental market to me. I don’t really know how to explain that? Sweet, but also like herbal medicine. Maybe almost minty? This tastes like a grab bag to me. I just hope sipping might calm down the anxiety a bit. We’ll just have to wait and see!
edit I have to comment to say that it might just be the being home and not doing my homework, but I do feel significantly better. No more headache, but my ears are still hurting. So at least the anxiety has gone down a bit. I’ll try it again next time I feel blah and see if I get similar results.

Terri HarpLady

I enjoy Yogi teas, although I haven’t been drinking them that much lately. Most of them contain some Licorice root. which I absolutely love, & which gives it a naturally sweet taste.

Tamm

Ah! I bet that’s where the sweetness came from in this one. A lot of their teas have stevia too, but this one only had that licorice. I enjoy most of the ones that I’ve had, but I don’t really care for paying for the bags when I can get way more loose tea. I only purchased this one because it was on sale ($4), but the regular price is $6-$6.50 per box.

This stuff really doesn’t taste great… It smells like wet clay. And it tastes bitter and medicinal.

I’m only drinking it because I’ve heard good things about gotu kola. We’ll see if it “eases my mild tension,” like it promises to.

I found this tea to have too many flavors to be calming.

The smell makes it hard to drink, and there is too many flavors going on to taste anything!

The stevia can really be tasted here, with chamomile and licorice tasting after. After that, it tastes slightly sweetly medicinal, reminding me of my mother’s traditional chinese medicine.

Served: Hot
Smell: strong licorice, slight floral
Flavor: taste cinnamon, licorice, chamomile, medium bodied
Aftertaste: slightly sweet aftertaste

I often drink this one before bed. Definitely does what it says on the label and is a lovely color in the cup.