Sweet Chili

Herbal Tea
Anise, Black Pepper, Cacao, Cardamom, Chili Pepper, Cinnamon, Cloves, Fennel, Ginger, Licorice, Mint, Nettle, Peppermint
Black Pepper, Licorice, Sweet, Anise, Cacao, Ginger, Mint, Spicy
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB
Boiling 7 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Yogi Tea

Yogi tea Sweet Chili combines the treasures of the Orient with the rich culture and traditions of Mexico. This unique and delicious infusion is sure to make your heart sing and your feet dance.

About Yogi Tea View company

Sipdown (150)!

I walked home after work today instead of busing because it was beautiful outside and I thought it’d be a good time to see just how long the walk home takes me because, during the summer, it might be a lot more financially smart to walk instead of bus – and the route I take to work doesn’t run between May and August. Took me 40 minutes overall; not too bad. That’s actually less time than it takes to bus home. My feet are killing me though…

I drank this one from a timolino during the walk though; it’s another one that I’m trying blindly. I expected to get a lot of spice/heat from it but the flavour was much, much milder than I anticipated. In fact, I barely got any spice or heat at all! The closet thing would be some super watery cinnamon or black pepper? What I did taste a lot of was licorice though! That seems like a weird pairing to me; but it’s absolutely what I got. Some kind of licorice root and actual licorice cross, perhaps? I liked it, but also found it a bit boring as well.

Certainly wouldn’t buy this one for myself, nor would I go out of my way to try it again but, if served to me, I would be totally ok drinking it. And, you have to keep in mind that it’d bagged too; it could’ve been much worse.

Side Note: I’m sure it wasn’t the intention, but the woman on the bag art/design reminds me a lot of Frida Kahlo, and that made me smile this morning as well as prompted me to switch up my Magnetic Fridge Frida Kahlo’s wardrobe. She’s now rocking a Hijab, Anarchy Shirt, and Skull leggings and has a Capuchin perched on her shoulder. Fridge Frida is one of my favourite things about my kitchen…

But anyway, thanks MissB for the sample!

Flavors: Black Pepper, Licorice, Sweet

MissB

Yea, I don’t know why they call this by this name, it’s really not indicative of the taste at all.

Jennkay

Fridge Frida sounds awesome!

Cheri

I love Frida Kahlo. The Detroit Institute of Art just started a huge new temporary exhibit based on her time here with Rivera when he did the murals for the DIA. I’m super excited for it. I have passes for in May, though, so I have to wait until then to go.

TeaBrat

I love Frida too!

I’m with VariaTea on this one.
Yep, horribly sweet in a licorice way and not spicy at all. Actually, I had to double check it was herbal because the taste reminded me a bit of mate.
Definitely nothing spicy or chili here. Do not like.
I did manage to finish my cup so I bet it’d go over better if I was down with a head cold

Jillian

Yick, I’ll consider myself warned.

Indigobloom

It was truly overpowering! I have a feeling the ingredients were unevenly distributed among the bags

Bleach. Sorry MissB but this is definitely not for me. All I am getting is weirdly sweet anise (think aspartame type sweetness) with a slight chili kick every now and then. I am just not a fan though I am happy I got to try it and see for myself. Thank you for the chance to do so!

This tea is like a chameleon. Some sips it’s a mildly spicy Mexican cacao, others it’s a mildly spicy ginger with a smooth fennel/anise, yet other times I get the coolness of mint, and it always ends with the sweet smooth fennel/anise. Chili? Not to me, not at all, but I can see how this might be “spicy” for some.

Flavors: Anise, Cacao, Ginger, Mint, Spicy, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Incredibly warm and intense flavours. Absurdly delicious, cures colds with warmth and spiciness.