Classic India Spice

Chai Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisbet

• “Tea of the afternoon here, I'm not sure why I haven't written a note for this but I'm doing it now. :) When I was on vacation I wasn't drinking any caffeine after noon and I'm trying to institute...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2394 tasting notes
  • “Not bad, not bad. Certainly not my favorite chai, but then again, I've been having issues with Yogi lately. Still a nice cup for waking up with though. Tea in the morning with breakfast? YES....” Read full tasting note
    coryostermann 66 tasting notes
  • “My expectations for this tea were high, based on the stature of the brand in natural food circles. It turns out that the spice is enhanced with oils of spices, resulting in a spicy flavour so...” Read full tasting note
    Mr Steep 31 tasting notes
  • “This could be called an 8-ingredient herbal chai. The flavor is very very bold. This recipe is thousands of years old and Indians say it cleanses the body. This cup is so spicy it will make you...” Read full tasting note
    JoeFromWI 63 tasting notes

From Yogi Tea

The spirit and creation of Yogi hearkens back to this distinctive blend. Inspired by a spicy, revitalizing tea developed thousands of years ago by yogis in India, this traditional formula contains cinnamon, cardamom and ginger, with a touch of clove and black pepper. Appreciated for its transcendent flavor and exotic aroma, but also recognized for its beneficial qualities, this warmly spiced tea is known in Ayurveda to support the nervous system as well as invigorate and cleanse the body.* Discover the taste of tradition with caffeine-free Classic India Spice®.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Ingredients:
Proprietary Blend of Herbs 1668mg, Organic Cardamom Seed, Organic Ginger Root, Roasted Chicory Root, Carob Pod, Organic Cinnamon Bark, Organic Clove Bud, Stevia Leaf, Organic Black Pepper

Other Ingredients: Date Powder, Natural Cinnamon Oil, Natural Flavors, Natural Ginger Oil, Natural Cardamon Oil.

About Yogi Tea View company

Tea of the afternoon here, I’m not sure why I haven’t written a note for this but I’m doing it now. :)

When I was on vacation I wasn’t drinking any caffeine after noon and I’m trying to institute that policy back at home, I think I will sleep better as a result.

This is another tea I drank years ago and picked up again recently. It works well as an herbal chai if you add soymilk and a touch of sugar to it. It’s fairly strong on the clove, cinnamon and ginger. For some reason this just tastes like wet paper to me today (yes, it’s in a teabag). I will finish off the box but not sure if it’s worth stocking permanently.

Not bad, not bad. Certainly not my favorite chai, but then again, I’ve been having issues with Yogi lately.
Still a nice cup for waking up with though. Tea in the morning with breakfast? YES. (then tea in class, tea with lunch, tea snack, maybe tea dinner though by then I’m sometimes burned out, and tea late night treat. All my favorites.)

My expectations for this tea were high, based on the stature of the brand in natural food circles. It turns out that the spice is enhanced with oils of spices, resulting in a spicy flavour so overpowering and artificial that I had to force myself to drink the noxious brew. After a few trials, I disposed of the remainder of the package. I am not impressed.

This could be called an 8-ingredient herbal chai. The flavor is very very bold. This recipe is thousands of years old and Indians say it cleanses the body. This cup is so spicy it will make you sweat a few drops. Invigorating with milk and honey and great if you mix one bag with a bag of Assam.

Not what I expected. One time I visited a Indian yoga/spa place, and they served me a cup of tea that taste just like Chai without the tea leaves. Ever since then I fell in love and I tried to come up with a recipe that emulates it. I discovered this tea in the meanwhile, thinking it would taste just like that after reading the ingredient list. I would say this is not bad, but definitely not what I expected of it nor do I find the taste to be pleasant. It tastes sweeter than I prefer my tea to be, and has a very strong nutty flavor which I wasn’t looking forward to. It didn’t have that palate cleansing deep aromatic spiciness that I was looking for. To each his own. I think this tea may have some health benefits, but I don’t know what to do about all the rest of the tea bags.

I was a-hankering for some cinnamon. yum yum yum yum…..

I think I let this steep too long. Ended up with heartburn.

One of my Favourite teas to enjoy with milk, steep time is long but the tea is worth the wait. Deliciously full bodied, deep, and rich. The spicy flavor works well as a afternoon pick me up while studying and the ginger helps with my summer allergies. A delicious staple tea to keep on hand.

I’m not a big fan of most Yogi teas, but they are cheap and they sell them at the corner store. This one was a welcome surprise. I find most tea-bag chais flat and bland, but this one was nicely spiced with rich notes of cinnamon and cardamom.

8 min or more