Ginger

Herbal Tea
Ginger, Licorice, Peppermint, Pepper
Edit tea info Last updated by dawn

From Yogi Tea

I like this after a meal for its digestive properties, but not too close to bedtime. The ginger really jolts me some times.

And of course, Yogi has great graphics. Aesthetic pleasure is part of my enjoyment.

From Yogi:

A TANTALIZING TALE OF GINGER TEA
This is the story of ginger, which centuries ago was first used to relieve stomach discomfort and aid digestion. Today, its healing reputation continues as a safe and mild remedy for a variety of conditions, including motion sickness and occasional upset stomach.* In our flavorful organic Ginger tea, we build on this therapeutic tradition by adding our unique blend of herbs and spices to complement its invigorating warmth. After all, a healthy life deserves some spice!

GET THE MOST OUT OF EVERY CUP
As a digestive aid, drink our Ginger tea with your meal.* Repeat 15 to 20 minutes after your meal. For a stronger effect, use 2 tea bags. To soothe an occasional upset stomach, sip a cup as needed.

INGREDIENTS
Organic Peppermint Leaf, Organic Licorice Root, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Black Pepper.

About Yogi Tea View company

My husband and I were positing the other day: WHY is it that I pour obscene amounts of hot sauce on my breakfast every morning?

Answer: Because I can’t drink caffeine.

Caffeine, even in tiny amounts, makes me feel just terrible. This, of course, runs counter the problem that I have in the mornings, which is that I am not awake, and the minute I come downstairs kids are clinging to every part of my body, and all I want is a quick pick me up.

So the heat of of the hot sauce kicks me in the head enough that I jolt up a bit and get my butt in gear.

But even before I douse my eggs every morning, I have a big mug of this Yogi Ginger Tea. Before I have the energy to make a complicated loose leaf preparation, this is the bag I reach for EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. Why?

Because steeped, covered, for 10-12 minutes, this tea does what those hot sauces do, in straight drinkable form.

Peppery hot. This is by far my favorite ginger ever. I love the heat on this. There are a lot of complex flavors happening in ginger, but this tea primarily pulls from the peppery component, and it almost takes on a chili-pepper type flavor. Count this as one of the (very, very) few bagged teas I like better than a loose version. Is it maybe a little one-note? Yeah. But, I just don’t mind. It has the kind of heat that grows and warms my stomach, shakes the cold morning fog from my brain, and gets me moving for the day.

Flavors: Licorice, Pepper

I like this tea a lot! It’s very flavorful, and if you put the tea bag in carbonated water after you’re done with it, it makes some pretty good ginger ale!

Flavors: Ginger

Amy Herbal Mama

That is an absolutely brilliant idea! I will have to try that!

It is officially my birthday! This is the least excited I have ever been about it, I have been 20 for 20 minutes, and I am already missing being a teenager ): life seems so much bigger and scarier at 20. Oh well, in reality I’m only a day older. At least I get to have birthday tea!

I got this tea as a single serving from my first ever swap with Hapatite, and it’s probably its time. I drank this to get a sipdown, and because I wanted a relaxing herbal as it’s pretty late. I was a little wary about it, as the main focus is ginger and it is one of my most hated flavours. Reading through the ingredients, though, I was a bit more hopeful as there are a lot of other ingredients in it too, which I was hoping would dampen the ginger down a little. The bag smelled mainly of peppermint, which made me even more hopeful. The sachet it came in actually smells of that vapor rub stuff you use to clear your nose when you have a cold, which is not really something I want to be drinking…

Brewing, the ginger takes over, followed by the licorice root and a bit of mint coming through after that. I expected the taste to be pretty similar, but it’s actually not, which is kinda confusing as you’re drinking it. The ginger is definitely less prominent than expected, which is great for me but would probably disappoint a ginger fan who chose it for this reason. I found the predominant flavour was the pepper, which surprised me as it was the last on the ingredients list and I assumed it would be more of a ‘hint’. The ginger adds a nice heat to it, without being so strong a flavour that I can’t enjoy the cup. There is a little liquorice aftertaste and sweetness, and the peppermint rounds the whole thing out pretty nicely. On a whole, I’m glad to have tried it, but it’s not one of my favourites.

Sipdown! (1/144)

Boiling
mj

carol who

Happy b-day :-)

gmathis

Happy Birthday! Milestone birthdays can be hard…hope you found some serendipity moments in yours.

whatshesaid

Happy birthday! I miss my twenties, enjoy yours!

MissLena

Happy birthday! Don’t worry, so far 20s aren’t bad and I’m 23 haha, only thing that’s changed is I drink more tea as I age lol.

boychik

Cheri

Happy birthday! I hope it’s a great one!

madametj

Happy Birthdaya!

Hannah F.

Happy birthday!

KittyLovesTea

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day :)

Roswell Strange

Veronica

Happy birthday! Enjoy your 20s. Explore, travel, work, have fun. Some of my most amazing friendships were formed in my twenties. I say this as someone in her 30s. :)

yyz

Hope you had a nice day!

Memily

Birthday wishes! <3

TeaBrat

Happy birthday!

TheTeaFairy

Happy birthday :-)

hapatite

Happy birthday! I like drinking this tea when I have an upset stomach, not as much for the taste. Hope you like being 20, I’m almost done with the 20s!

Nattie

Thank you thank you for all the birthday wishes everyone, they were so lovely to read, especially as I wasn’t particularly looking forward to this birthday. Thanks for the advice, too, MissLena and Veronica! Made me feel so much better.

Nattie

Hapatite, I can imagine it would definitely help an upset stomach, fortunately I don’t get sick too often (:

Backlog. Got this sample from my MIL.

This was very strong ginger tea. To be fair I brewed it really strong (10 min) but it was too spicy for me. And I think it could use some different flavors added in. I am not a plain ginger fan. If you like plain ginger then this would be a great tea for you!

Flavors: Ginger

8 OZ / 236 ML

I reach for this tea when I’m feeling under the weather but not up for a pu-erh. Or rather, am lazy and only want to deal with tea bags.

This is very aggressively spiced, which I like. The spice is warming and bounces between ginger, pepper, and licorice. It finishes with a little sweetness and I find that the bottom of the cup is more sweet (and less enjoyable) that the beginning.

YOW! This tea is SPICY. I also found that it’s a little tempramental in terms of steep time. Just a few seconds too long, and it’s almost impossible to drink. Normally, I love and trust Yogi teas, but man, this one has a bite to it. It’s not just the ginger- I know full well that ginger is spicy- I think it’s the black pepper that’s too much for me.

I drink it only for medicinal purposes, because it certainly does help settle my stomach some nights, but it can be a little tough to take. I do enjoy the warm feeling it leaves in my throat and stomach, but I usually end up waiting until it’s cool enough, and then gulping it down quickly to avoid tasting it too much. Definitely not my favorite ginger blend ever, but it hasn’t turned me off to Yogi or to other ginger teas, either.

1995 tasting notes

This tea has a bit of a bite, but I tend to steep it for a really long time. It’s great for an upset stomach. When I was off at school I ended my nights of heavy drinking with a cup of this so I didn’t wake up with a sour stomach the next day. I couldn’t drink this every day, but it serves its purpose wonderfully.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I love this tea! Discovered about 5 years ago? The delicious aromas and stomach tingling make this a delight. One thing I do notice is, when I drink it later in the afternoon and closer to evening, it tends to keep me awake! Does anyone have an idea why?
I’m usually just sensitive to ‘coffee caffeine’ and not other things.

This Yogi Ginger tea is super spicy! I’ve tried it several times, adjusting the steep time and temperature, but no avail. It’s a very strong tea.

Sipped with my sushi this evening…mmmm!