Ginger

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by dawn

From Yogi Tea

I like this after a meal for its digestive properties, but not too close to bedtime. The ginger really jolts me some times.

And of course, Yogi has great graphics. Aesthetic pleasure is part of my enjoyment.

From Yogi:

A TANTALIZING TALE OF GINGER TEA
This is the story of ginger, which centuries ago was first used to relieve stomach discomfort and aid digestion. Today, its healing reputation continues as a safe and mild remedy for a variety of conditions, including motion sickness and occasional upset stomach.* In our flavorful organic Ginger tea, we build on this therapeutic tradition by adding our unique blend of herbs and spices to complement its invigorating warmth. After all, a healthy life deserves some spice!

GET THE MOST OUT OF EVERY CUP
As a digestive aid, drink our Ginger tea with your meal.* Repeat 15 to 20 minutes after your meal. For a stronger effect, use 2 tea bags. To soothe an occasional upset stomach, sip a cup as needed.

INGREDIENTS
Organic Peppermint Leaf, Organic Licorice Root, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Black Pepper.

About Yogi Tea View company

YOW! This tea is SPICY. I also found that it’s a little tempramental in terms of steep time. Just a few seconds too long, and it’s almost impossible to drink. Normally, I love and trust Yogi teas, but man, this one has a bite to it. It’s not just the ginger- I know full well that ginger is spicy- I think it’s the black pepper that’s too much for me.

I drink it only for medicinal purposes, because it certainly does help settle my stomach some nights, but it can be a little tough to take. I do enjoy the warm feeling it leaves in my throat and stomach, but I usually end up waiting until it’s cool enough, and then gulping it down quickly to avoid tasting it too much. Definitely not my favorite ginger blend ever, but it hasn’t turned me off to Yogi or to other ginger teas, either.

This tea has a bit of a bite, but I tend to steep it for a really long time. It’s great for an upset stomach. When I was off at school I ended my nights of heavy drinking with a cup of this so I didn’t wake up with a sour stomach the next day. I couldn’t drink this every day, but it serves its purpose wonderfully.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I love this tea! Discovered about 5 years ago? The delicious aromas and stomach tingling make this a delight. One thing I do notice is, when I drink it later in the afternoon and closer to evening, it tends to keep me awake! Does anyone have an idea why?
I’m usually just sensitive to ‘coffee caffeine’ and not other things.

This Yogi Ginger tea is super spicy! I’ve tried it several times, adjusting the steep time and temperature, but no avail. It’s a very strong tea.

Sipped with my sushi this evening…mmmm!

Overeater’s guilt? Not with a cup of this bad boy.

Great ginger tea that’s easy to find in a supermarket. Love the spicy flavour from the pepper. Great for when you are feeling under the weather.

The black pepper is a nice touch and goes very well with the ginger! Make sure you don’t steep too long or it will become very spicy. Great for cold winter nights and/or tummyaches.

Great as a digestive aid right after a meal, or if you need a quick pick me up. This is a very strong ginger tea.

This stuff is REALLY good for digestion. I have issues with GERD so sometimes nothing will help except this. I usually drink it after a meal if I’m too full or keep having indigestion. It helps my food digest better and gives me relief from feeling so full and bloated.

Boiling 8 min or more