Ginger

Herbal Tea
Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by dawn

From Yogi Tea

I like this after a meal for its digestive properties, but not too close to bedtime. The ginger really jolts me some times.

And of course, Yogi has great graphics. Aesthetic pleasure is part of my enjoyment.

From Yogi:

A TANTALIZING TALE OF GINGER TEA
This is the story of ginger, which centuries ago was first used to relieve stomach discomfort and aid digestion. Today, its healing reputation continues as a safe and mild remedy for a variety of conditions, including motion sickness and occasional upset stomach.* In our flavorful organic Ginger tea, we build on this therapeutic tradition by adding our unique blend of herbs and spices to complement its invigorating warmth. After all, a healthy life deserves some spice!

GET THE MOST OUT OF EVERY CUP
As a digestive aid, drink our Ginger tea with your meal.* Repeat 15 to 20 minutes after your meal. For a stronger effect, use 2 tea bags. To soothe an occasional upset stomach, sip a cup as needed.

INGREDIENTS
Organic Peppermint Leaf, Organic Licorice Root, Organic Lemongrass, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Black Pepper.

About Yogi Tea View company

The black pepper is a nice touch and goes very well with the ginger! Make sure you don’t steep too long or it will become very spicy. Great for cold winter nights and/or tummyaches.

Great as a digestive aid right after a meal, or if you need a quick pick me up. This is a very strong ginger tea.

This stuff is REALLY good for digestion. I have issues with GERD so sometimes nothing will help except this. I usually drink it after a meal if I’m too full or keep having indigestion. It helps my food digest better and gives me relief from feeling so full and bloated.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m having a little of this to try to get rid of a lingering cough. I know ginger is usually for stummys (and I have had a little of that too), but I thought the spice might help with my congestion.

This is sweeter than I remember, did they change the formula? Picking up much more licorice root than before, which might also be good for my throat.

Overall, I still enjoy it!

This is a great stand-by for when you are so sick you can’t be bothered with using fresh ginger, or heading down to the West African or West Indian market for some already prepared fresh juice. It goes well with honey, and will make you feel better.

I drink it in the morning to wake me up. The ginger isn’t too overpowering. Sometimes I taste more of the licorice than the ginger even. Overall pretty good stuff.

I steep for about 3-4 minutes. I like this tea for the digestive properties, as well. It sooths upset stomachs. The flavor is not an overwhelming ginger, but it is important that you do like ginger to begin with.