Green Tea Super Antioxidant

Green Tea
Burdock, Dandelion Root, Green Tea Leaves, Lemongrass, Licorice Root, Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Wood, Flowers, Jasmine, Licorice
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Yogi Tea

Lemongrass, Green Tea Leaf, Licorice Root, Jasmine Green Tea Leaf, Alfalfa Leaf, Burdock Root, Dandelion Root, Grapeseed Extract, Irish Moss Powder, Amla Fruit Extract.

About Yogi Tea View company

Again, a tea belonging to my daughter that she can’t stand to drink! When she described what she hated about it – the texture of the tea on the swallow, the slippery texture that remains – I knew it was the licorice root that turned her off. But I like licorice root. I find it soothing and comforting. A couple of years ago I had a lot of dry throat problems that were keeping me up at night, and two throat soothing teas gave me a lot of relief. My only concern is the effect licorice root can have on blood pressure. I don’t know how much it takes to raise it, and mine is already if-fy.

I don’t think of this as a flavored green. Maybe I will as I drink more of it. It really tastes like an herbal tisane to me. Fortunately, she bought a whole box of this one so I get to try it again when I can pay closer attention to it.

Had this at Jason’s Deli. I was a little disappointed at first to learn that the first ingredient was not green tea, it’s lemongrass. And the third ingredient – which is really the most predominant – is licorice root. I’ve concluded I’m really not a fan of it. It almost tastes artificially sweet without it. I can’t taste any green tea, which is a shame because this was all they had for green tea at the restaurant. If you like medicinal teas and don’t care for green tea, but want to drink something that has green tea in it, this might be right up your alley. It’s really a shame, too, since I don’t mind herbals mixed with greens.

Azzrian

Eeeewwww two of my LEAST favorite things in one tea BLECH I would not have liked either.

i think this one gets better each time

Great green flavor without being too overwhelming. Fairly forgiving green tea but be careful not to oversteep. 3 minutes is plenty of time for the flavors to develop in the cup.

A decent tea for those in a hurry. Yogi does a fine job of making the experience of enjoy tea at the office simple and efficient. The Green Tea Super Antioxidant tea by Yogi is not very flavorful, and what little flavor there is doesn’t taste much like most green teas. Very earthy flavored with a sensational taste of licorice root.

If you need a quick green tea to enjoy, this wouldn’t be a bad option. There are, however, many other, similarly priced, individual bag teas that you should look into before purchasing.

Oh, God, this is gross. It tastes like overripe green beans that have been boiled in canned chickpea juice.

I’m only drinking it because it will help irradicate the free radicals that I’m probably full of from stress. But it’s like taking medicine- not enjoyable.

Next time I will try making this at a slightly higher temp- this one is lukewarm- and adding some honey to see if that helps any.

Man, I wish I liked this tea. Obviously, because I’ve bought this tea twice — first to try it and the last because I forgot “dang it, this is the one that tastes like how pencil sharpenings smell.” To me. Just an opinion of course, but I know some people have got to love it, and I really wanted to like this especially since its ingredient list seemed right on-target for the tastes I usually enjoy. Can anyone guess and help me pinpoint which one is the woody, pencil-lead scented ingredient — or perhaps it’s a combo or two or more herbs? I love all on the list — but looking into it, perhaps it’s the Alfalfa, Burdock or Irish Moss. It truly transports me back to the third grade and freshly sharpened no. 2 pencils.

Flavors: Wood

175 °F / 79 °C

I recently had an epiphany about filter bags. Their true destiny, I now see, is to be used for cold brew! I gave away a slew of filter bags when I moved this past spring, but I still seem to have hundreds lingering around, so I’m going to try to use them up this summer for pitchers of iced tea.

Today’s sip-down of sorts was a liter of Yogi Green Tea Super Antioxidant, prepared last night right before bedtime. It makes a decent pre-sweetened iced green tea. I usually do not add sugar to tea, but the licorice root gently sweetens this brew. I drank the entire pitcher in lieu of my usual big tetsubin of mid-day green. It is simply too hot for anything but iced today.

Iced 8 min or more 12 g 34 OZ / 1000 ML
carol who

I use my tea bags for cold brew also. However, it does seem that they multiply inside the cupboard. Maybe they shouldn’t be left alone in the dark without adult supervision. :D

sherapop

That is so true, carol who! It’s like the opposite of what happens to socks in the dryer! lol

This tea is interesting. Not something I’d go out of my way for, but if given wouldn’t refuse. I can’t place the smell. I know I’ve smelled it before, but it was probably so long ago the memory is fixed in with all of the other seldom smelled things. I’ll just say it’s alfalfa and move om.

You can taste the lemongrass the most. That’s probably for the best seeings as my last Green Tea tasted pretty unremarkable. I received a sample a while back and the only thing back I can say about the Yogi brand is they try a bit too hard with their health branding.

I want to say I’ll revisits this tea, but probably won’t.

sherapop

Maybe you’re tasting the jasmine?

i thought it would taste bad but it taste pretty good!