Enchanted Forest

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “Thank you *Scheherazade* for this sample! While this doesn't knock my socks off or anything, i must say that this is a pleasantly smooth blend of tea. Most of you know that as a preference, i tend...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4939 tasting notes
  • “One of the things I like most about Yumchaa is that the bases vary from tea to tea. I sort of assumed all of their green teas would use the same base, but they obviously don't. I think they used to...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 987 tasting notes
  • “I haven't had much from Yumchaa but I have been wanting to sip on more and after this one I want to sip even more! This is a nicely flavored green with rhubarb and berry notes without being tarty....” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I nabbed this from Momo's teabox when I had it - it had one teaspoon left! The ingredients in this one had so many berries! I thought it would be amazing! I didn't see any berries in this...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1381 tasting notes

From Yumchaa

Tastes Like: Apres Ski

Drink When: Wearing Thick Socks

As charming as it sounds! A vibrant blend of blueberry, rhubarb, raspberry and blackberry with a colourful dash of peony flowers means that while you drink it you could almost imagine you had been foraging for the ingredients yourself that very afternoon and that this is your treat. Please note that this is not due to any “magic” ingredient, it is just very inspiring in its tastiness.

Ingredients: Rhubarb, Cream, Blueberry Raspberry Pieces, Blackberry Pieces and Peony flowers with a Sencha green tea base. 100g

About Yumchaa View company

Thank you Scheherazade for this sample! While this doesn’t knock my socks off or anything, i must say that this is a pleasantly smooth blend of tea. Most of you know that as a preference, i tend to stay away from greens/whites as they are generally just not as bold and wonderful as my blacks.

Yumchaa appears to do well with making their blends smooth and pulling the tea into the blend so that it isn’t bitter. In terms of the taste on this one though, I’m not getting an overly strong specific rhubard or blackberry taste. Instead it’s a more generic “fruit” sort of taste on a very nice green base.

One of the things I like most about Yumchaa is that the bases vary from tea to tea. I sort of assumed all of their green teas would use the same base, but they obviously don’t. I think they used to say they were all sencha, but they’re just identified as ‘green tea’ now, so I guess they must have changed that at some point. Saying that, though, I think this one actually is sencha, so that was a pretty misplaced perception.

Anyway, the leaves in this one are quite broad and thick, and look like they’ve been rolled. They’re all fairly long, but they’re relatively flat too. The scent is mildly fruity. I’m getting blackberry and rhubarb mostly. There are a lot of peony petals among the leaves, so I was expecting it to be quite floral in fragrance, but it’s not at this point.

Brewed, this one smells gorgeously sweet and fruity. It’s actually reminding me of a rhubarb and custard sweet, which came as a complete surprise. When I saw the thick, dark green leaves I was expecting a strong and bitter green tea taste, and not much else. This has come off surprisingly delicate, though.

The taste is similarly surprising. The green tea isn’t strong or bitter, and, as with Wanderlust, it remains resolutely in the background. What I can taste is fruit. Rhubarb and blueberry, primarily, with a very creamy-tasting finish. I never really expect a lot from green tea. That’s my one inexplicable tea prejudice. This tea is going a long way towards changing that, though, as it’s actually left me pretty speechless. It’s absolutely, geuninely lovely. Sweet, fragrant, fruity, perfect. Anything that can get me to drink green tea with a smile on my face must be some kind of enchanted. Yumchaa are rising quickly in my estimation.

I haven’t had much from Yumchaa but I have been wanting to sip on more and after this one I want to sip even more! This is a nicely flavored green with rhubarb and berry notes without being tarty. It has a great sweetness but also an even-smooth to round it out! The product descriptions says to Drink When: Wearing Thick Socks – well, I’m in luck! That’s just about every day! LOL

If anyone has some Yumchaa assorted teas laying around and would be interested in swapping – let me know via PM :)

Thanks!

i believe both halieod and Scheherazade and cteresa all have a various assortment of yumchaa…if i’m remembering correctly..

Scheherazade

I don’t have all that many left now. I’ve got some Adventure, some Om, and some Red Christmas I think. It might be time for another order with them soon!

I nabbed this from Momo’s teabox when I had it – it had one teaspoon left! The ingredients in this one had so many berries! I thought it would be amazing! I didn’t see any berries in this teaspoon, just something that looked like hibiscus. uh oh. After a long water cool and a 2 1/2 -3 min steep, the flavor isn’t very berry-like but also isn’t very hibiscus-like. It’s a nice buttery green tea mostly, with a tangy flavor that I wouldn’t call astringency but maybe its a hint of rhubarb or hibiscus. I wish there were BERRIES though. I really like the green tea though.. but it’s gone now!

I have been working on finishing teas, and this has been pretty much neglected. And weirdly, despite being in a mood where flavoured green teas are sort of not working for me, this one is much more to my liking than I remembered. Very nice.

so ya, i drank this 5 days ago, and still haven’t made a note.
i drank it the day after too. but couldn’t figure it out. and i don’t trust my judgement because green teas have been weird for me lately.
so i’m gonna save the bit i got from Scheherazade and gleefully try it again when i get my fresh and so clean green tastebuds back. yup.