2000 CNNP Lincang Ripe Cake Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

• “I would echo the description of this tea stated in its intro. It is a mellow, full flavored, earthy tea that is quite harmonious. Color is quite attractive, deep red-orange, with an earthy aroma....” Read full tasting note
    javan 38 tasting notes
  • “I’ve had gong fu sessions with this tea twice now, and I just don’t think it’s my kinda Shou. I’m thinking the age is a factor. Age should make it better, right? Instead,...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 718 tasting notes
  • “This is a comforting & mildly sweet brew, perfect for a cool & dreary Fall day. For me, it brings to mind roasted winter squash, chestnuts, pepitas, persimmon, & whole grain bread...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3114 tasting notes
  • “Craving a shou today, I decided to steep a bit of this tea. Excellent shou in my opinion. No fermentation smell – as expected from a 14 year old shou. Nice body with a woody sweetness that...” Read full tasting note
    sammerz314 37 tasting notes

From 雲南 (purchased from Yunnan Sourcing)

Produced by a small tea factory in Lincang but using the CNNP “nei fei”, this tea has been dry-stored in Kunming since its production in the year 2000. The blend is a rough with mostly larger leaves and some stems, but the fermentation not too heavy thus allowing this tea to develop complex and rich flavors. Difficult to over-brew this tea brews a deep red wine tea soup with incredible clarity. The flavor and aroma has hints of camphor and dried persimmons. A delicious ripe pu-erh that demonstrates the joys of a dry-aged Lincang ripe tea!

This tea was originally stored in tongs without wrappers. The cakes will come wrapped in white paper! Samples available!
Date: 2000
Ingredients: Fermented Lincang blended material
Produced by an Unknown Tea Factory

About 雲南 (purchased from Yunnan Sourcing) View company

I would echo the description of this tea stated in its intro. It is a mellow, full flavored, earthy tea that is quite harmonious. Color is quite attractive, deep red-orange, with an earthy aroma. I like it, and it is available for a reasonable price. My tea was from a sample provided by YunnanSourcing.

I’ve had gong fu sessions with this tea twice now, and I just don’t think it’s my kinda Shou. I’m thinking the age is a factor. Age should make it better, right? Instead, it’s got this musty flavor I’m not fond of. Maybe I just don’t like aged Shou? For the second session, I thought maybe I needed to rinse it more to get the musty flavor out. Kinda helped, but not really. In later steepings, it started to get sweeter, but by then I was tired of it. I still have more to play with, so if anyone has suggestions, let me know!

Ubacat

I prefer the younger ones too. You could try 10/10/15/20/25 and discard all. Then start drinking after that. I can never drink more than 3 cups of the same tea. I get tired of it too. I find the pu’erh just gets better after that but I drink mostly sheng so I don’t know if it would work the same with shou.

Tealizzy

Thanks, I’ll have to try that. I only discarded 3 rinses. That would be five!

This is a comforting & mildly sweet brew, perfect for a cool & dreary Fall day. For me, it brings to mind roasted winter squash, chestnuts, pepitas, persimmon, & whole grain bread crust. Add a soothing vanilla smoothness & a little camphor, & I think I’m in love.

Craving a shou today, I decided to steep a bit of this tea. Excellent shou in my opinion. No fermentation smell – as expected from a 14 year old shou. Nice body with a woody sweetness that lingers in the mouth. This is definitely a lightly fermented cake – my preference. Nice stuff, 84/100.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML