2000 CNNP Lincang Ripe Cake Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sammerz314

• “I would echo the description of this tea stated in its intro. It is a mellow, full flavored, earthy tea that is quite harmonious. Color is quite attractive, deep red-orange, with an earthy aroma....” Read full tasting note
    javan 36 tasting notes
  • “Craving a shou today, I decided to steep a bit of this tea. Excellent shou in my opinion. No fermentation smell - as expected from a 14 year old shou. Nice body with a woody sweetness that lingers...” Read full tasting note
    sammerz314 37 tasting notes

From 雲南

Produced by a small tea factory in Lincang but using the CNNP “nei fei”, this tea has been dry-stored in Kunming since its production in the year 2000. The blend is a rough with mostly larger leaves and some stems, but the fermentation not too heavy thus allowing this tea to develop complex and rich flavors. Difficult to over-brew this tea brews a deep red wine tea soup with incredible clarity. The flavor and aroma has hints of camphor and dried persimmons. A delicious ripe pu-erh that demonstrates the joys of a dry-aged Lincang ripe tea!

This tea was originally stored in tongs without wrappers. The cakes will come wrapped in white paper! Samples available!
Date: 2000
Ingredients: Fermented Lincang blended material
Produced by an Unknown Tea Factory

About 雲南 View company

I would echo the description of this tea stated in its intro. It is a mellow, full flavored, earthy tea that is quite harmonious. Color is quite attractive, deep red-orange, with an earthy aroma. I like it, and it is available for a reasonable price. My tea was from a sample provided by YunnanSourcing.

Craving a shou today, I decided to steep a bit of this tea. Excellent shou in my opinion. No fermentation smell – as expected from a 14 year old shou. Nice body with a woody sweetness that lingers in the mouth. This is definitely a lightly fermented cake – my preference. Nice stuff, 84/100.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML