2008 Wild Tree Raw Pu-erh tea brick of Dehong

Edit tea info Last updated by Thomas Carey

From Yunnan Sourcing

2008 * Wild Tree Raw Pu-erh tea brick of Dehong * 500 grams
Purple Leaf varietal

An incredibly fantastic raw Pu-erh made from Pu-erh treeleaves that have a purplish tinge when picked. The resulting brick isdarker. The quality of the leaves and the meticulous processing ensures excellent storage and agingpotential. At the same time, it is one the best 2008 rawPu-erhs to drink. The infused liquor is golden and is almostcompletely without bitterness. CLARITY, CLARITY, CLARITY!
This tea brick is composed of entirely spring 2008 raw material from the exact same area as the 2005 production. This year Yunnan Sourcing is proud to be the exclusive producer and distributor of this very special tea! We have produced exactly 460 bricks in total!

Producer: Yunnan Sourcing
Vintage: Spring 2008
Production area: North-western area of Dehong county

Http://yunnansourcing.com

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

I ordered a sample of this one last week during the sale, & this is an interesting tea!
The dry aroma is a little ‘well aged barn’- like, & when I warmed the leaf up & breathed in its essence, I picked up soft notes of tobacco, purple plum, & smoke….well, not really smoke…maybe charcoal?

I steeped in matching rounds of 2, pouring from my yixing into a mug.
The first mug featured a very mild cup with hints of charcoal & slight bitterness, & instant 3rd eye opening vibes. While I was steeping the next 2 rounds, all of my chakras started to open, from root to crown, like the blooming of flowers, in a psychadelic kind of way.
The 2nd cup sent qi rushing throughout my body, making my extremeties giddy, almost as if every cell in my body was laughing. My injured hand was especially lit up, really buzzing with unsummoned reiki, so I went with it, opening to the healing that I feel was being offered. I’ve been doing a lot of Reiki on myself lately, & this evening especially I feel like the nerves in my finger are waking up.

I often wonder if these experiences are as outlandish to others as they seem while I’m experiencing them, or maybe I’m just having flashbacks to my old hallucinogen days, LOL.
Either way, this was a very dynamic session, possibly my most potent tea experience to date.

Flavorwise, this was hard for me to nail down. The best word I can think of is smooth. I used 5 G in a 125ml yixing, & although there was a very slight initial bitterness, the rest of the cups were mellow, with kind of an old fashion white bread & creamy nut butter taste…or maybe sunflower seed butter. Later steepings started getting a sweet aftertaste, but I can’t really identify it with anything, at least not at this moment. I have enough to sample this a few more times, & it will be interesting to see if this experience repeats itself.
Nice clear energy & headspace in the afterglow.

boychik

I didn’t detect any bitterness or charcoal. Should I send you my sample? I got it fr Mandala, could be diff storage.

Terri HarpLady

it might just be my tastebuds tonight. It wasn’t objectionable, in any way. Maybe we should each send to each other, for comparison?

boychik

Deal. But I need some time. Some family matters. In a few days I will let you know. I tried 2010 version, similar but something missing. not there yet. Btw I got me a brick ;)

Terri HarpLady

let me know how much you used, & we’ll swap an equal amount.
No prob on waiting, & congrats on your baby…, I mean tea brick ;)

Terri, lets not worry abt amount. I got 500g lol

mrmopar

Well 500 grams won’t last but a day or two…………..:)

TeaBrat

Oh my.. u made me go look at the sale :)

boychik

@teabrat, they sold out, i got it fr Mandala.
@mrmopar, always happy to share ;-)

TeaBrat

@boychik – thanks for the info but I need to resist ;)

ok tasting again cause i had to prepare couple samples. So good. im so happy i picked the whole brick.

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 90 ML