Yue Guang Bai

Green White Blend
Dried Fruit, Fig, Grain, Hay, Honey, Nectar, Oats
Edit tea info Last updated by nasieo1

• “*Lewis & Clark Traveling Teabox - Tea #7* I really appreciate all of the teas I get to try from this teabox, especially the YS! The leaves here sure look like one of the more interesting teas I've...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1495 tasting notes
  • “*Lewis & Clarke TTB* More from Yunnan Sourcing! I was quite impressed with the other white tea I tried, so I figured I'd try this one as well. I love that they provided _huge_ samples so everyone...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 711 tasting notes
  • “*Marco Lewis TTB* This is either my first or second unflavored white tea to try. I've always read that it has a very light, subtle taste and that's very true. I think white tea's just not my...” Read full tasting note
    madametj 233 tasting notes
  • “*Lewis and Clarke TTB* This tea is so cute. Little fuzzy bud and the first two leaves. First steep, is very light and delicate, it sort of reminds me of nectar. But there's just slightly the...” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 294 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

This is a special tea made from Yunnan Large Leaf varietal tea in Simao. The tea is picked in the early spring, wilted slightly and then dried with warm wind tunneled through the tea until it isdry. The tea shares a somewhat similar look and taste with green tea whenit is young but over time will develop into something closer to red tea (hongcha).

The taste is sweet and thick with malty tones and the tea can be brewed 7 or 8times before losing its flavor.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Lewis & Clark Traveling Teabox – Tea #7
I really appreciate all of the teas I get to try from this teabox, especially the YS! The leaves here sure look like one of the more interesting teas I’ve seen! It’s green mixed with white. Even with two teaspoons, the flavor isn’t too extreme, but I can taste subtle hints that there is both white and green tea here. The flavors are hints of juicy fruit, sweet lemon, melon, cucumber, peony or some type of flower, nuttiness, creaminess. It doesn’t really taste vegetal/ grassy like a green tea though. I guess double the flavors since there are two types of tea here! Sadly, I think there are also hints of flavor from the ziplock bag the tea was in. It’s very smooth… not too many fuzzies. The second steep was even smoother and all of the flavor notes seemed to blend together somehow, which is distinctly the flavor of THIS tea.
Steep #1 // 2 tsps. // 35 min after boiling // 2 1/2 min steep
Steep #2 // 20 min after boiling // 3 min

Lewis & Clarke TTB

More from Yunnan Sourcing! I was quite impressed with the other white tea I tried, so I figured I’d try this one as well. I love that they provided huge samples so everyone could try every tea, so nice! This tea is a mixture of fuzzy silver buds and medium to dark green leaves in rather large pieces. Dry scent actually kind of reminds me of a black full bud Yunnan tea! It’s honey sweet and has that slight stonefruit scent to it, but this tea smells a bit more grainy and haylike while the black smells malty. When I brew white teas, I generally use a lot of leaf (a tablespoon usually) and steep it for just 1-2 minutes. I find the flavor to be stronger that way, and since this sample is so huge I was happy that I got to do just that!

Mm, the brewed aroma has a very strong honey note along with some grain that’s almost pastrylike. I also smell a little bit of fruit, though I can’t place what kind. Taste-wise I get mostly honey and sweet hay, and then the grain pops out near the end of the sip and lingers for the aftertaste. There’s the teensiest bit of fruity flavor if I really think about it, something mild like a dried fig or golden raisin. Overall, this tea is very simple but tasty.

Flavors: Dried Fruit, Fig, Grain, Hay, Honey

Marco Lewis TTB

This is either my first or second unflavored white tea to try. I’ve always read that it has a very light, subtle taste and that’s very true. I think white tea’s just not my thing. But you can tell, however that the leaves themselves are very high quality. So cute and fuzzy! And most of them are whole leaves. How do they keep them from breaking?!

Lewis and Clarke TTB

This tea is so cute. Little fuzzy bud and the first two leaves.

First steep, is very light and delicate, it sort of reminds me of nectar. But there’s just slightly the barest hint of something deeper. There’s also a nice, refreshing, cooling mouthfeel.

Second steep, the flavor deepens a little. Like I have a cup full of sweet gentle nectar, and someone drips a drop or two of molasses in there.

Third steep brings out a faint floral note, and an almost hay like note, while still tasting sort of nectary.

Forth steep is honey and grains. Sort of like oats drizzled with honey.

Fifth steep theres an almost fruitiness to this cup, while still honey like.

Another tea I’m glad I got a chance to try!

Flavors: Grain, Honey, Nectar, Oats

165 °F / 73 °C 2 min, 45 sec 3 g 6 OZ / 177 ML

This is my favorite tea. It’s sweet and clear with hints of cinnamon.