2009 Six Famous Tea Mountain "Yunnan Moon" Pu-erh tea cake

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “This is one of the best lighter fermentation ripe puerh that I've had yet. A lighter sweet and mellow blend with a very enjoyable rolling smoothness with each sip, where the silky texture is...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 215 tasting notes
  • “As I have become more familiar with my steeping preferences for this tea, I have become more and more impressed with it. It has a complex floral, earthy, and mellow flavor which is becoming...” Read full tasting note
    javan 24 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

An exciting new release for 2009 from Six Famous Tea Mountain Tea Factory of Menghai! Expertly fermented (fermentation overseen by Ruan Dian Rong herself) Menghai area tea was used to compose this high grade blended ripe tea cake. What’s even better is that the tea is Certified Organic by OFDC China, and each cake comes with an analysis report certifying it free of contaminants. This is a good clean ripe cake that will age wonderfully!

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

This is one of the best lighter fermentation ripe puerh that I’ve had yet. A lighter sweet and mellow blend with a very enjoyable rolling smoothness with each sip, where the silky texture is complemented with lighter slightly malty notes in the background. Absolutely no traces of harshness or earthiness/mustiness in this wonderful blend. A very wonderful puerh that I’ve already bought an entire tong of which is the first time I have done so and I have not ruled out going back for a second or third tong.

As I have become more familiar with my steeping preferences for this tea, I have become more and more impressed with it. It has a complex floral, earthy, and mellow flavor which is becoming addictive to me. I took this to a potluck last night, and quite a number of folks tried it, and liked it. I am increasing my rating of this tea.