2007 Haiwan Ripe Pu-erh tea with Rose Mini tuo cha

Leather, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by Spoonvonstup
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 oz / 150 ml

From Yunnan Sourcing

Haiwan tea factory produced these mini tuos that use high quality ripe pu-erh and compress them with a perfect amount of rose. The infused liquor is a lovely color, and the rose petals add a fruity note.

Aged 5 years already!

Producer: Haiwan Tea Factory
Vintage: 2007
Production area: Menghai

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Currently sipping on some of this shu. I’ve left the whole tuocha in the bottom of my cup, and I’ll refill once I get low.

It’s an odd sight: the top of my brew is a light clear brown, but down at the bottom, I can see this bloom of dark red spreading out around the little tuo-cha. So far, it’s pleasant, light and sweet (reminiscent of blooming teas and the smell of a bag of those Valnetine’s Day candy hearts), but I wonder what I’ll be tasting when the dark ruddy cloud fills the whole cup?

It’s a pleasant enough tea to drink while working. Having it in a big mug, it makes more sense than I remember when I first tried this in a gaiwan months and months ago. I’m still not completely sold on why rose and shu pu’er should go together, but I also can’t hold anything against the innocuous little tou.

I brought several shu Tuocha with me to FL, so this is the Daily Tuocha, * its not bad!
It features a decent tasting shu, tasting of whole wheat bread crust, leather, & wood. The rose is noticeable in the dry aroma, but very light in the flavor.

Stephanie

tuochas are so nice for travel!

It’s a sample from my recent order fr Angelina’s Tea. This company has top service. They were out of stock of some tea so they refunded the money and gave me lotsa free samples.
This mini tuo is so cute . Doesn’t have a strong smell of rosé which is a plus for me. Very strong floral teas make me sick. It is there on a background complements nicely strong prune and leather notes. I really like Haiwan recipe. Recently I read on tea chat that mini tuo are all gross. The best thing you can do is to flush it down the drain. Politely disagree. Some are very nice and super convenient on the go

Flavors: Leather, Stonefruits

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 OZ / 150 ML
Stephanie

Heh sounds kinda snobby on tea chat lol ;)

mrmopar

What is he under on Tea chat?

TheTeaFairy

I love my mini tuo cha!! What an obnoxious and disrespectful thing to say :-(

boychik

mrmopar he is jayinhk
Here it is: mini guide by jayinhk on how properly brew puerh mini tuo cha