2011 Yunnan Sourcing "Yi Dian Hong" Ripe Pu-erh Tea Mini Cake

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tee Fanatic

From Yunnan Sourcing

Our 2010 “Little Bit of Red” production is made entirely from Menghai area material fermented in 2009. It’s a variation on last year’s production, with an addition of 30% “gong ting” grade tea to make it more tippy and flavorful!

Fermentation level is medium, so this cake still has a little bite to it and more room for improvement with aging. The fermentation “dui wei” flavor is mostly dissipated and the taste will gradually improve over the years to come. The fermented material was stored in Menghai for 1 1/2 years before being pressed into these 100 gram mini cakes.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Forgot to write about this one!
Had a nice little tea tasting with a mutual friend of my future-MIL. She’s had tea before but has never really explored different types, loose tea, etc. So I was a little bit worried she wouldn’t like the taste. I was worried I wouldn’t like the taste because this is my first “loose” shou. There was no need though everybody liked it! I didn’t take notes or anything so I don’t remember exactly flavors that I picked up. I’ll have to try it again on my own so I can focus more on the taste. I was busy explaining tea things. :) It seems like this would be a good “everyday” type puer.

Bonnie

Great! Good for you…your future MIL! WOW! I gave some to my Priest and he loved it too! We’re doing a good job converting people to different tea’s!

Kiaharii

One of my favorite thing about tea is sharing it with others. I left her a bunch of sample sized stuff as well.

Nice menghai taste and thick dark but clear tea soup… not expensive for a tea that can be infused 10 or more time!

Just an example of good menghai shu and it’s my favorite YS ripe pu.
Main notes: chocolate, walnut, little bit of spice and bitterness (in a good way!). Very similar to the best Dayi offers but much cheaper.
Recommended.
Oct 2011

Boiling

Very solid little shu… I don’t like shu much though.