2008 Feng Qing "Feng Shan Yi Hao"

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roughage

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Very smooth, mild astringency, lightly floral, but no sharp edges. The leaves are very roughly, mechanically, cut in small pieces, it makes them look younger, I think. All in all, good pu erh, but,...” Read full tasting note
    Pé Té 19 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

Feng Shan Mountain in the county of Feng Qing is a series of mountain peaks with altitudes of about 1900 meters. The classic Feng Qing black tea and Pu-erhs were made from this area. This is a premium early spring 2008 production made from Yunnan large leaf varietal tea leaves picked while still small. The tea is characterized by a vigorous cha qi with some wood-like tones and thick somewhat flowery after-taste. This tea would benefit greatly from just a few months (to a few years of storage). Feng Qing tea factory teas have a long history and have proven to be an excellent investment for tea drinkers worldwide!

Product Name: Feng Qing “Feng Shan Yi Hao”
Net Weight: 357 grams
Ingredients: Sun-dried and blended Feng Qing area Pu-erh tea
Produced by Feng Qing Tea Factory

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

Very smooth, mild astringency, lightly floral, but no sharp edges. The leaves are very roughly, mechanically, cut in small pieces, it makes them look younger, I think. All in all, good pu erh, but, for me, it lacks a bit of character.

Roughage

That pretty much describes my view of this tea. I wonder if it will age well. Your comment has also made me realise that I have not yet written anything about it. I must remedy that in the near future.