2006 Hai Lang Hao "Jin Hai Lang" Ripe Pu-erh tea cake of Menghai

Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea

2 Images

From Yunnan Sourcing

2006 Hai Lang Hao Jin Hai Lang Ripe 357g
A high quality slightly aged ripe pu-erh tea cake from Hai Lang Hao! 2005 fermented material from Menghai in Xishuangbanna was blended to create Hai Lang’s special “gold” recipe and pressed into these lovely cakes. 5 years of aging has made this light fermentation ripe tea cake something special.

“Jin Hai Lang” means “Gold Hai Lang” and is one of two cakes pressed from the same fermentation batch. “Gold Hai Lang” has more large fermented buds than it’s partner “Jin Se Zhen Min”. Both of these cakes are great examples of what can be achieved using high grade raw material, small batch fermentation and time!

Tea Weight: 357 grams

Vintage: 2005 material, January 2006 pressing.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

This is a real keeper. Very smooth, just a touch of astringency, medium fermentation. Not earthy, more dark coffee. Delicious!

Okay, if I am a Sheng Yiwu snob, this tea makes me a Shou Menghai snob. Another excellent Shou from Yunnan Sourcing!!!!!! This tea is a joy to drink. The soup is a very deep mahogany. The taste is mind blowing. There are so many layers of depth to this tea that I have no idea how to describe them. The consistency is incredible. I am on steeping seven and it tastes like it did on steeping one. “Jin Hai Lang” means “Gold Hai Lang” and in my opinion, this tea is truly golden!!!!!!

Stephanie

I’ve yet to experience any super complex shu puerhs although I do enjoy the good ones I’ve tried. I like the idea of layers of depth :)

SWApilot

Stephanie,
That is just what I call it. I know there are many undertones, my taste buds just can’t tell my brain how to describe them.

Craig

Stephanie

Puerhs are so hard to write about! It is hard to find proper words, for sure.