2008 Liu An Tea in Basket Anhui Black tea * Hei Cha

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by shakirah1984

1 Tasting Note View all

From Yunnan Sourcing

Anhui varietal of black tea (黑茶) processed in the traditional “wo dui” method. “Wo dui” or fermentation piling process is a precursor to the method used to produced ripe pu-erh. This basket of tea has been aged 4 years and produces a aromatic almost sweet liquor with a deep red color. As you drink this tea smell the cup (between pours) and you will a notice it smells alot like aged raw pu-erh.

Tea weight: 450 grams of tea per basket

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

ohhhh, I’m really not the best person to be writing the first note on this tea, haha. Welp, here goes nothing!

First off, thanks very much to boychik for the sample! I’m a moron and forgot to do a rinse before my first steep, which I did in my semi-western style. 1 min steep. I have never had a shu this sweet! I am assuming it is a shu?? I’m not even sure, it tastes so different…no dark woodsy musty notes, but definitely a fermented taste here. There is a faint taste of bamboo shoots…perhaps from the basket?

I’m not sure if this is something I’d want to drink regularly, but I’m enjoying it this morning and just appreciating how DIFFERENT it is. I will be interested to see if the next steeps change much flavor-wise.

boychik

It is different. I couldn’t do more than one steep and I rinsed it.

mrmopar

Hei cha is deeply fermented most of the time. It is basically a “loose” puerh I think.