2011 Yunnan Sourcing "Pasha Mountain" Autumn Raw Pu'erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tperez

• “Back home in Orlando and getting re-settled into a normal routine. I really enjoyed my vacation and escape from the heat, but it was stressful at times with so many people, semi-planned activities,...” Read full tasting note
    tperez 103 tasting notes
  • “I've been drinking this tea all evening, ever since I got home from the college. I wish I had more to say about it, I'm still sipping it, & all I can say is I like it, & nice Chaqi. There is a...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2895 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

Our Autumn Pasha tea is from the southwest side of the mountain are growing at an altitude of about 1750 meters, making it one of the highest altitude teas in Xishuangbanna. The tea leaves come from old arbor tea trees that are on average 200 years old. Pasha tea has pronounced hairy buds and thick veined leaves. Our Pasha tea was picked in the 1 leaf to 1 bud ratio style as is typical of the area.

The tea when brewed gives a strong and persistent aroma. The taste is initially somewhat bitter with little astringency. The mouth-feel is strong and pungent, the cha qi is very energetic and lasting. It can be brewed 10+ times easily!

Tea weight: 400 grams

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Back home in Orlando and getting re-settled into a normal routine. I really enjoyed my vacation and escape from the heat, but it was stressful at times with so many people, semi-planned activities, etc. Basically I loved it, but the introvert in me is happy to be back in my own bed :P

Dry leaves: Medium-large cool brown leaves with plump white tips and a velvety shine. Aroma has gotten a bit mixed up in my sheng box, but the aroma is slight tobacco, peach, grass, and old book with a little spice. The cake is loosely packed, but nowhere near falling apart on it’s own.

Brewing: Melow greyish-yellow orange liquer, fairly clear. The wet leaves are long and plump with thick veins. Olive green coloration with a slight purple-red twinge here and there.

1st steep: Slightly brothy, but clean mouth feel. Very sweet and has a fairly ballanced flavor. Peachy with slight tobacco and mushroom notes and greenness. Mild pine resin astringency, little bitterness. Sweet aftertaste lingers a bit after the initial flavor.

3rd: Still peachy and sweet, but bolder with more tobacco flavor and woodyness. Slight charcoal touch, but no smoke. I start to get the qi sensations on the back of my head and I feel focused and steady.

5th: The bolder flavors die down and reveal crisp freshness. Flower bulb, walnut, oak wood, and fresh rain.

7th: Continued freshness, but mellower with heart of palm and red grape notes. Flavor slowly weakens, but I go on to ten steeps.

Really nice sheng! I think this is the best of the YS brand cakes I’ve tried, though the Yiwu Qui Yun is a close second.

Terri HarpLady

Ooh, this one sounds really nice!

mrmopar

sounds like pu of the day!!

tperez

Yup, sure is!

I’ve been drinking this tea all evening, ever since I got home from the college. I wish I had more to say about it, I’m still sipping it, & all I can say is I like it, & nice Chaqi. There is a little bitter edge, & I’m getting a nice tingle tongue. I’ll say more next time.
3 G X Gaiwan X short steepings 5/10/15/20/etc. I made it to 50!
I’d steep it some more, but I have to leave now!

Terri HarpLady

Oh, I do remember one thing I was gonna say! The early steepings kind of reminded me of cream of wheat :)