2011 Yunnan Sourcing "Pasha Mountain" Autumn Raw Pu'erh

Pu-erh Tea
Bamboo, Grain, Olive Oil, White Wine
Edit tea info Last updated by tperez

• “I dropped (and broke) my gaiwan in the sink the other night while cleaning it out, so I'm brewing this in a glass measuring cup with a gaiwan saucer over it. Sad to lose my gaiwan, but it served me...” Read full tasting note
    tperez 112 tasting notes
  • “I've been drinking this tea all evening, ever since I got home from the college. I wish I had more to say about it, I'm still sipping it, & all I can say is I like it, & nice Chaqi. There is a...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3015 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

Our Autumn Pasha tea is from the southwest side of the mountain are growing at an altitude of about 1750 meters, making it one of the highest altitude teas in Xishuangbanna. The tea leaves come from old arbor tea trees that are on average 200 years old. Pasha tea has pronounced hairy buds and thick veined leaves. Our Pasha tea was picked in the 1 leaf to 1 bud ratio style as is typical of the area.

The tea when brewed gives a strong and persistent aroma. The taste is initially somewhat bitter with little astringency. The mouth-feel is strong and pungent, the cha qi is very energetic and lasting. It can be brewed 10+ times easily!

Tea weight: 400 grams

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

I dropped (and broke) my gaiwan in the sink the other night while cleaning it out, so I’m brewing this in a glass measuring cup with a gaiwan saucer over it. Sad to lose my gaiwan, but it served me well over the past two years.

I’m really enjoying this tea tonight. It’s very tasty, but has a different flavor profile than most. No “peach and tobacco”, but softer flavors like olive oil, grain, bamboo, and white wine. It’s not super sweet, but the sweetness lingers in the throat for a long time. It makes a good many brews, a bit more than average, and has one of the strongest cha qi’s of pu’erh I’ve tasted.

Soo, since I’m in desperate need of a new gaiwan I’ll be pushing up the Yunnan Sourcing order I had been planing (they also have some celadon cups I’ve been eying). I’ll probably just stick to the tea wares, some black tea ,and some pu’erh samples since I need to keep this fairly cheap. Any favorites you think I should try?

Flavors: Bamboo, Grain, Olive Oil, White Wine

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
boychik

2011 hui run ripe
2005 ye sheng Dehong( sorry if misspelled, I’m on iPhone and my cupboard is impossible to sort)

Kirkoneill1988

is this one the same but different year and packaging? the other one with similar if not the same wrapper is 50$ and has no samples

tperez

Boychik, I’ll definitely be trying that 2005 ye sheng, sounds great. I had a sample of the 2013 hui run and it was very nice, I imagine the 2011 may be even better. Hehe, spellcheck seems to love to change all our tea words

Kirk, yes that’s the same but a different year. The one I have is here

boychik

Wild Tree Purple Varietal Black Tea of Dehong * Spring 2014 i liked more than other purple teas fr YS

Kirkoneill1988

i will defiantly try it someday :D many thanks :)

Kirkoneill1988

oops i cannot seem to spell the word that means i “guaranteed i will try it”. i cant spell that word right today :(

tperez

No I haven’t, looks pretty nice though

Kirkoneill1988

well i added it to my ys wishlist :D

I’ve been drinking this tea all evening, ever since I got home from the college. I wish I had more to say about it, I’m still sipping it, & all I can say is I like it, & nice Chaqi. There is a little bitter edge, & I’m getting a nice tingle tongue. I’ll say more next time.
3 G X Gaiwan X short steepings 5/10/15/20/etc. I made it to 50!
I’d steep it some more, but I have to leave now!

Terri HarpLady

Oh, I do remember one thing I was gonna say! The early steepings kind of reminded me of cream of wheat :)