Yunnan Black Gold Bi Luo Chun Spring 2013

Caramel, Chocolate, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Dag Wedin

From Yunnan Sourcing

Yunnan “Black Gold Bi Luo Chun” Yunnan Black tea * Spring 2013

Spring 2013 material from Simao. This has been picked as 1 leaf to 1 bud sets and processed carefully rolling the tea into pellets. Like most Yunnan black teas the tea benefits from short-term aging and develops a malty sweet taste and lovely fragrance with a hint of chocolate and flowers.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Another tea I enjoyed this morning, a little malt & a hint of chocolate. I’ve drank a lot of tea since then, so that’s all I got, this time.

Sipdown. Backlog from yesterday.
This tea has been my pregym companion for some time. A good black yunnan that is as close to a “table tea” as it gets. not super quality but comforting. However since there is lots of better yunnan blacks i will not be restocking. Farewell!

I finally got around to being able to drink this one from the last round of the BBB! I am a fan! I’m actually really glad that Terri has Yunnan sourcing figured out since i barely have time to explore new companies lately. Of course that means i want the box to take a really long time to get to me so i have time to figure out what i’m putting in it! lol This tea is pretty tasty…there’s a little bit of maltiness with a side of chocolate, but mildly so…it’s not in your face. The brew is smooth and i love the little snail like leaves :) but that’s just me haha thanks terr!

Terri HarpLady

Glad you like it! The BBBBox arrived today! You & TastyBrew did a good job of loading it up, & TB really piled on the Grab Bag Teas. I think I want to keep them all, but I’ll probably split them with you, hahaha!

Terri HarpLady

Oh, & I still haven’t placed that new YS order yet, but some people downloaded some of my CDs lately, so I have Playpal money to burn :)

Woohohoo!

Terri HarpLady

I’ll hang on to the BBBBox for awhile. I gotta get through my sipdown extravaganza, & figure out what I haven’t sent to you girls yet.

oh goodie :) that makes me happy. i have a ton of things to do..and i’m sadly nowhere near finishing up last rounds teas!

This is the first tea that I picked out from my large Yunnan Sourcing order box, and I drank it almost exclusively for about two weeks, making a large dent in my order. It is a good quality Yunnan black tea, with a strong malty and chocolatey flavor, and great depth. The shape of the leaves is fun and unique, and really justifies the black and gold in the tea’s name. A good breakfast and noon tea, with more kick than a “normal” Yunnan, and also more flavor.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Malt

yay this makes me excited to try mine.. i was JUST looking at digging it out of my cupboard today