Yunnan Black Gold Bi Luo Chun Spring 2013

Caramel, Chocolate, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Dag Wedin

From Yunnan Sourcing

Yunnan “Black Gold Bi Luo Chun” Yunnan Black tea * Spring 2013

Spring 2013 material from Simao. This has been picked as 1 leaf to 1 bud sets and processed carefully rolling the tea into pellets. Like most Yunnan black teas the tea benefits from short-term aging and develops a malty sweet taste and lovely fragrance with a hint of chocolate and flowers.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Another tea I enjoyed this morning, a little malt & a hint of chocolate. I’ve drank a lot of tea since then, so that’s all I got, this time.

Sipdown. Backlog from yesterday.
This tea has been my pregym companion for some time. A good black yunnan that is as close to a “table tea” as it gets. not super quality but comforting. However since there is lots of better yunnan blacks i will not be restocking. Farewell!

I finally got around to being able to drink this one from the last round of the BBB! I am a fan! I’m actually really glad that Terri has Yunnan sourcing figured out since i barely have time to explore new companies lately. Of course that means i want the box to take a really long time to get to me so i have time to figure out what i’m putting in it! lol This tea is pretty tasty…there’s a little bit of maltiness with a side of chocolate, but mildly so…it’s not in your face. The brew is smooth and i love the little snail like leaves :) but that’s just me haha thanks terr!

Terri HarpLady

Glad you like it! The BBBBox arrived today! You & TastyBrew did a good job of loading it up, & TB really piled on the Grab Bag Teas. I think I want to keep them all, but I’ll probably split them with you, hahaha!

Terri HarpLady

Oh, & I still haven’t placed that new YS order yet, but some people downloaded some of my CDs lately, so I have Playpal money to burn :)

Woohohoo!

Terri HarpLady

I’ll hang on to the BBBBox for awhile. I gotta get through my sipdown extravaganza, & figure out what I haven’t sent to you girls yet.

oh goodie :) that makes me happy. i have a ton of things to do..and i’m sadly nowhere near finishing up last rounds teas!

For the first time in months I’ve had a chance to brew a tea gongfu. This tea looks like melted honey, and is a very deep, chocolatey malt black tea. The dry leaves are among the most beautiful I’ve ever seen, and are sure to impress even non-tea drinking friends. There is a very slight hint of astringency to it, which is unusual for Yunnans. But I only got the astringency when brewing gongfu.
It is really worth brewing this tea gongfu, as it brings out a depth of flavour that Western style brewing simply doesn’t.

Sirens sounded a few minutes ago, with really loud BOOMs. Cat is terrified, and I was pretty startled, even though I’m supposed to be used to it by now. :/
Tea. Just tea.

Dexter

I can’t imagine ever being “used to it” – stay safe!!!

boychik

Stay safe.

mrmopar

Glad to know you are safe. Keep posting for us.