2012 Yunnan Sourcing "Mang Fei Mountain" Wild Arbor Raw Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Charles Thomas Draper

• “Hi everyone! Todays morning brew is an inexpensive offering from YS. I recently ordered from their China site in order to obtain some items that were only available there. Mainly to try the...” Read full tasting note
    chasmargate 293 tasting notes
  • “I really enjoyed this tea. It has a lot of power in it. A good amount of bitterness and moderate complexity. Not terribly thick, but strong and tasty. I'm going to try the 2013 version next. ” Read full tasting note
    Rdeitz 79 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

Entirely wild arbor tea taken from 100-200 year old tea trees growing on Mang Fei mountain in Yong De county of Lincang. Full and stout one leaf to one bud ratio tea leaves. Mang Fei wild arbor tea has pronounced hairy buds and stout stems. The brewed leaves are a dark olive color.

The brewed tea is strong and full in the mouth with some astringency (as is typical of Lincang teas). The tea soup has a strong heavy aroma and cha qi. The tea can easily be brewed 10 times or more and still give off flavor. Incredibly high quality spring tea, stronger and more potent than the autumn 2010 and 2011 pressings we made.

Each cake is stone-pressed by traditional method and dried with low temperature air drying.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Hi everyone! Todays morning brew is an inexpensive offering from YS. I recently ordered from their China site in order to obtain some items that were only available there. Mainly to try the highly acclaimed 2010 Hai Lang Hao “Cha Wang”. For the price this Mang Fei is a bargain. I think its 30 dollars. The intial steepings were strong and smoky but as the session progressed the teas strength and potency revealed a beautiful flavor with a returning sweetness and a penetrating cha qi. This was a winner. I believe with aging this has the potential for greatness. For me, I really enjoy the intensity and raw energy of a young sheng.

Doug F

I’ve had some young shengs from yunnan sourcing that have given me the most amazing energy buzz. I’ll be interested to hear what you say about the Cha Wang. Is it still available?

TheTeaFairy

Hey you! I see that you’re still on your wonderful pu-erh journey :-) Sounds like a great find, enjoy!

Doug F

I just ordered some of the “Cha Wang.” I can’t wait to try it.

Charles Thomas Draper

Hi Rox!! Doug, I as far as I know it is…

I really enjoyed this tea. It has a lot of power in it. A good amount of bitterness and moderate complexity. Not terribly thick, but strong and tasty. I’m going to try the 2013 version next.