Spring 2013 "Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong" of Wu Yi Fujian Black tea

Edit tea info Last updated by sansnipple
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 24 oz / 709 ml

2 Images

• “mmmmm...this has grown on me every time i have it. There's enough for another little cup but i'm passing that on to Cavocorax since i think she might enjoy this one and it's always fun to share!...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “Yup, I love this tea! It's amazing how so many different teas can taste like chocolate, but not taste like each other, right? To be honest, I believe I've decided this tea is going to be the...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2480 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Sil* (and *Terri?*) for this sample! (162) It smells so dark and rich, and I probably shouldn't be drinking it at 11, but I've got more Supernatural episodes I'd like to...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1392 tasting notes
  • “YUM!!!! Got this from *Terri Harplady* in the *BBBB* and it is absolutely delicious! Made it in the gaiwan and enjoyed about 5 steeps before it started to lose the robust flavor. This is seriously...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 357 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

Classic Wu Yi mountain black tea varietal “Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong” means literally “from Wu Yi Mountain Small Tea Plant”.

Our offering is processed in traditional style and carries notes dark chocolate taste and aroma with a sweet after-finish.

We recommend brewing with 90c temperature water. Wash once very briefly!

This is not a smoky “Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong” and should not be confused with the smoky type “Lapsang Souchong”!

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

mmmmm…this has grown on me every time i have it. There’s enough for another little cup but i’m passing that on to Cavocorax since i think she might enjoy this one and it’s always fun to share! :)

thanks for sending this in the BBB Box terri!

Terri HarpLady

This was the first of the YS teas I totally polished off. I need to get MOAR, for sure! And they take Playpal, so it’s happening soon…I’ll get enough to share again :)

Heh. Enabler!

Terri HarpLady

In truth, I think I still have at least 2 more teas left to share with you guys from the last YS order, haha

Cavocorax

I just pulled this out right now to drink! :O Thanks for sharing, you guys!
(I totally didn’t notice you drank it earlier – I picked it because it was a one-cup baggie!)

Yup, I love this tea!
It’s amazing how so many different teas can taste like chocolate, but not taste like each other, right? To be honest, I believe I’ve decided this tea is going to be the official replacement for Anxi Fo Shou, of which I only have enough to drink 2 more times. I think one of those 2 times will have to be a side by side comparison, maybe. The other one will be some special occasion, like maybe ground breaking day in my garden, or a celebration of the sprouting of the first seeds that I plant. Or maybe a day when I just need to pamper myself. Meanwhile, I’m feeling a little better about running out of THAT tea, because I have THIS tea, & I think I will have to add it to the list of Hoard-worthy teas, because it really is THAT good. It really is like German Chocolate Cake. And don’t let the name fool you, because although it is roasty, it is NOT smokey, at all.
Now I have to get ready to go play that gig.

….you’re SUCH a tease…. you KNOW i want more of this.. lol

Thank you Sil (and Terri?) for this sample! (162)

It smells so dark and rich, and I probably shouldn’t be drinking it at 11, but I’ve got more Supernatural episodes I’d like to watch.

It’s very rich with a lot of cocoa notes and maybe some oak? It’s not as sweet as I had expected, but ti’s still very nice. It makes me think of Laoshan Black, although I couldn’t quite say what the difference is.

Tea Sipper

I could watch Supernatural 24/7. I haven’t seen seasons 4&5 yet. I’ll feel like I have no new episodes to watch except for, you know, new episodes.

Cavocorax

Did you watch them all except for 4&5?

I hate it when I’m all caught up on a new show and have to wait for new eps just like everyone else… I think I have 113 episodes to go before I run out though so I’m less worried about that with Supernatural. I’m just trying to watch what I can while I’m still unemployed – I don’t’ know when/if I’ll get a new job so I want to watch them while I still have time. (And when the toddler will allow me!)

Terri HarpLady

Tony & I started watching supernatural this weekend, of course, we’re in the middle of season 1

Cavocorax

I find that it really picks up more in Season Two, but that’s because I’m more interested in the metaplot than I am the monsters of the week.

i need to go back and start watching this again… maybe I can start on weekends when ian’s working. just blow through seasons in a day

YUM!!!! Got this from Terri Harplady in the BBBB and it is absolutely delicious! Made it in the gaiwan and enjoyed about 5 steeps before it started to lose the robust flavor. This is seriously good. Thanks Terri!

bwahaahaha we both drank this this afternoon haha

Terri HarpLady

Too bad I didn’t drink it today also…oh wait…I drank it all already…damn! Time for another YS order I guess!

LOL NO TERRI NO!

I picked this one up when Yunnan Sourcing was having a sale, I believe it was in December, but hadn’t tried it until tonight. So, so, so good. It tasted like Cheerios and chocolate, both in the best ways imaginable. I’m glad I finally tried this tea. It will be difficult not to drink it up fast!

(While searching for when the sale was, I noticed that Yunnan Sourcing sells tea via Amazon??? Has anyone here ever purchased tea from them that way?)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

oh man i adored this one… so on my wishlist to buy more of later!

CharlotteZero

I can send you some! I also realized, of course after sending your tea to you,
that I have a few other things on your wishlist…

haha not to worry…my wishlist is a combo of things i want to try and things i want to remember to buy again. :) Get through some of the things i sent and we can always do another swap!

:-) I like it even more than I expected to.