2013 Autumn "Golden Needle" Dian Hong Yunnan

Chocolate, Fireplace
Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

• “My taxes are finished! My son Drew's taxes are also finished! My son Leif & I will finish his taxes tomorrow, & then we'll do everyone's FAFSA. And then we'll sign up for Health Care. All by...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2951 tasting notes
  • “Om nom nom. This is buttery, thick and yummy. Everything I want in a Yunnan. The dry leaves didn't hold a hint of what was to come. It wasn't until I caught a whiff as I carried my cup back to my...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 520 tasting notes
  • “Generous sample from *Terri HarpLady* - thank you so much I love Yunnan Sourcing blacks and this one is no exception. Gongfu method 5g 130 ml gaiwan 205F Rinse/15/20/30/45 sec etc Leaves like...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 352 tasting notes
  • “First infusion : a taste of strong black chocolate, of stable , and a smell of fire. second : quite the same taste, a bit more bitter (but it may be due to the infusion) third : quite more...” Read full tasting note
    alexisb 3 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

Dian Hong refers to black tea from Yunnan. Traditionally black tea denoted as “Dian Hong” traditionally was entirely from Feng Qing county of Lincang.

Our Dian Hong Golden Needle tea is from He Shun village in Feng Qing county. It’s harvested from 50 year old plantation bushes all of which are the original Feng Qing black tea varietal (a hybridized form of assamica). The tea is 1 leaf to 1 bud ratio and is entirely hand processed from start to finish.

The tea give a sweet aroma, with hints of malt, sugarcane and pepper. The taste is a nice bittersweet mix and is full in the mouth. Tea soup is a brick-red and gold affair!

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

My taxes are finished!
My son Drew’s taxes are also finished!
My son Leif & I will finish his taxes tomorrow, & then we’ll do everyone’s FAFSA.
And then we’ll sign up for Health Care. All by Friday.

This was the tea I drank all afternoon, this was the one that saw me through.
I don’t have much to say about it. It is a lovely Dian Hong, & although the needles aren’t as Golden as the name would imply, it is still delicious, sweet, lightly malty, & thick in feel.
And now I’m going to bed. Hopefully the raccoon won’t be back at 5am again!

K S

Yeah on taxes and tea. I don’t mean to be a downer but good luck signing up for healthcare by Friday – it took me months. They say it is fixed, so hope so for your benefit.

Cavocorax

Woohoo!
Also, right… taxes….
(We don’t usually get ours done until April, or later?)

Terri HarpLady

well….I’m not sure the healthcare will be happening anytime soon, not because of the website, but because apparently I am once again one of those people who falls into the cracks.
My income isn’t low enough for medicaid, but it’s not high enough to qualify for any of the subsidies (thank you state of Missouri for ruining it for people like me), so I’m excluded. The up side is I don’t have to pay a fine. For now, I’m not gonna worry about it.

A musician friend of mine skipped the website & used a local broker, who got her signed up for a plan, & I may set an appointment to meet with that person to see what they say. I was trying to set it up for myself & my 2 college attending sons. Maybe if I just do it for me only, and let them each do their own.
On the other hand, I haven’t been to a doctor in years, & have no plans to go to one anytime in the future. It is doubtful that I would ever even make the deductable, so I consider it all a waste of money anyway…money I could spend on tea! :)
Maybe Tony & I should move to Toronto…

Om nom nom. This is buttery, thick and yummy. Everything I want in a Yunnan. The dry leaves didn’t hold a hint of what was to come. It wasn’t until I caught a whiff as I carried my cup back to my desk today that I got really interested. :) This one certainly goes on the wishlist for a future order! Thanks, boychik!

boychik

It’s all Terri’s fault. I was drooling over her notes for some time. And after swap I jumped to YS site and ordered a bunch

Nicole

Well, I’m going to blame you for my order :)

boychik

If you going to order wait. They have sales pretty often. Like them on FB and follow on Twitter. Last times their sale was like 12% off. Not bad at all.

Good tip. Thanks!

Generous sample from Terri HarpLady – thank you so much
I love Yunnan Sourcing blacks and this one is no exception.
Gongfu method
5g 130 ml gaiwan 205F
Rinse/15/20/30/45 sec etc
Leaves like black needles with gold tips. I suggest to use scale not to underleaf it
Golden amber brew, dark chocolate, honey, malt. So rich and satisfying . It will keep me busy for numerous steeps.
Thank you so much Terri, it’s awesome tea

0 min, 15 sec 5 g 4 OZ / 130 ML
Stephanie

I think of you both as the Yunnan Black Queens!

TheTeaFairy

Oh, so happy I have some of this in my Terri box as well!

Nicole

I just had this one at work today! :)

boychik

TheTeaFairy me thinks you gonna like it;)
Wishing you good night sleep.

TheTeaFairy

Hehe…thank you :-)

third : quite more bitter.
Quite a good tea, not incredible or amazing, but really pleasant and reconforting.

Flavors: Chocolate, Fireplace