2013 Yunnan Sourcing "Year of the Snake Red Label" Ripe Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roughage

From Yunnan Sourcing

A premium ripe tea composed entirely from 6 and 4 years aged ripe tea from Lincang. Light to medium fermentation spring material from old plantation tea trees gives this tea a strong taste and mouth-feel. Nice huigan and noticeable cha qi! Will develop more texture and nuances with the passing of years.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Looking through the cupboard while at a loss for a tea I particularly wished to drink, I put my hand into a pie and pulled out a plum. Well, actually I pulled this tea at random out of my pu samples tin, but that is a less vivid image so let’s ignore it.

The dry leaf in the sample was loose and chunky with an earthy smell. The liquor was thick and black, almost like coffee and the mouthfeel was the same, being full-bodied, smooth and thick. Taste-wise, it is earthy with a slight iron tang, some plum notes and a hint of honey. It is a no-nonsense enjoyable tea that feels nicely cooling and has a relaxing, friendly cha qi. For the price I think it is really good value, and I shall probably add a couple of beengs to my next Yunnan Sourcing order.