Imperial Mojiang Golden Bud Yunnan Black Tea Autumn 2013

Caramel, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by CharlotteZero

• “I brewed a pot of this last night. It was very good. Pretty much what you expect a good Dian Hong to be. I'll have to get to know this one better with a gong fu session...” Read full tasting note
    CharlotteZero 372 tasting notes
  • “An excellent dian hong - chocolatey, deep and sweet. I'm still not 100% OK, so I was looking for a delicious "comfort tea". I usually go for white teas as my "comfort teas", but as I haven't been...” Read full tasting note
    NofarS 323 tasting notes
  • “One of the best black teas I've ever tasted. The dry leaves are a sight to behold: large, wirey and radiantly golden. Smelling the dry leaves, one detects an intoxicating caramel aroma - the sum...” Read full tasting note
    mgmarcusa 3 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

This rare and beautiful tea is picked from established plantation bushes in the Mojiang area of Simao. The tea is carefully processed to keep its lovely appearance and guard its subtle sugarcane and malt flavors. This is an incredible and rare tea with an appearance and taste that will dazzle the drinker! Recommend using 85-90C water to brew this wonderful tea. Wash once briefly (5 seconds) and then drink the successive infusions. Keep infusion times very short initially!

Harvest time: Late September 2013
Harvest Area: Mojiang Town, Simao Prefecture of Yunnan

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

I brewed a pot of this last night. It was very good. Pretty much what you expect a good Dian Hong to be. I’ll have to get to know this one better with a gong fu session…

An excellent dian hong – chocolatey, deep and sweet. I’m still not 100% OK, so I was looking for a delicious “comfort tea”. I usually go for white teas as my “comfort teas”, but as I haven’t been getting enough sleep in the past two days, this golden bud was called for. The leaves are gorgeous and smell magnificently of dark chocolate and caramel goodness. Highly recommended, especially for the price.

Flavors: Caramel, Dark Chocolate

boychik

Great every time. I love YS blacks

Terri HarpLady

Thinking of you, Nofar, & the sad things going on in your region. I hope you stay safe, & am envisioning safety for you, your family, and all people in the region of all faiths who desire peace. Namaste :)

NofarS

Thank you very much, Terri. It is becoming increasing difficult to voice wishes for peace or concern for the civilians under fire on both sides. I pray for peace for the region, and that the innocent may be spared more suffering. It is very hard to be hopeful these days, but giving up means leaving extremists to do as they wish, unchecked by reason or compassion. So I am trying very hard to keep calm and carry on.

mrmopar

Be safe my friend!

One of the best black teas I’ve ever tasted. The dry leaves are a sight to behold: large, wirey and radiantly golden. Smelling the dry leaves, one detects an intoxicating caramel aroma – the sum total of the simultaneous chocolate and floral notes. Tasting the tea, the immediate first note is malty – like fresh bread, but it soon gives way to a lingering floral or honey aroma that stays on the tongue. There is a subtle milk chocolate flavor throughout as well. Smooth, fresh, stimulating and complex. A real winner.