2007 White Dragon "Lao Cha Tou Nuggets" Ripe Pu-erh Tea of Jing Gu

Pu-erh Tea
Cream, Leather, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by sansnipple
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 oz / 150 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I got it yesterday from YS US site. It took only 4 days. I'm still awaiting my order fr China which I placed a month ago. Sigh Anyway this tea is awesome. Never thought, just gave it a shot. ...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 302 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

Cha Tou is a kind of tea nugget that forms naturally from the pressures of compression and heat that occurs during the fermentation process. Typically during fermentation process to make ripe pu-erh there is a pile of tea about 1 meter high. It is kept wet to allow the fermentation process and the pile is turned every few days to allow for an even degree of fermentation, moving the tea from the bottom of the pile (where it is hotter and wetter) to the top of the pile where it is cooler and drier. The “cha tou” are the leaves that ball up and get stuck together. The best cha tou are ones that have not been over-fermented and are smaller in size.

We drank more than 10 different “cha tou” before deciding on this one, we think the best of them all! The tea was fermented in 2007 at the Jinggu Tea Factory in Simao. It is creamy and smooth, already having lost most of its post-fermentation funk it’s tea liquor is a clear and deep red-wine color. It can easily be infused more than 25 times!!!

Same material as used in our 2009 Cha Tou brick.

Net Weight: 100 grams per bag
Fermentation time: August-September 2007
Harvest Area: Jinggu County of Simao Prefecture

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

I got it yesterday from YS US site. It took only 4 days. I’m still awaiting my order fr China which I placed a month ago. Sigh
Anyway this tea is awesome. Never thought, just gave it a shot. The brew is deep red. Wet leaves smell of prunes. The brew tastes like prunes and some leather. It’s smooth and creamy. Yum. I think I should get more of it.
2 rinses 5/10/15/30 etc

Flavors: Cream, Leather, Stonefruits

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 5 OZ / 150 ML
sansnipple

Ha, I got another bag of these this week too (have had them before), love how mellow and smooth they are, with (for me at least) a very relaxing almost narcotic qi.

YS also has a 250g brick made of these same nuggets ( http://www.yunnansourcing.us/store/product.php?id_product=36 ) but the brick’s price has gone way too high. I wonder if their younger cha tou bricks are made from similarly excellent material.

sansnipple

haha, I see you actually got 3 of the same things I did! You’re going to LOVE the Mao Feng!

boychik

sansnipple, i have to admit its not a coincidence. I kinda “borrowed” some ideas of your order. And I’m happy i did. Haha, I hope you don’t mind;)

Doug F

I’ll have to include this with my upcoming YS order of Imperial Mojiang

boychik

You should if you like sweet stone fruit notes. No earthiness . I only recommend to drink it at night. Fell asleep like a baby;)