Pure Bud Bi Luo Chun Yunnan Black tea * Spring 2014

Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “So quick note! This one is delicious also! Tastes strongly of sweet potatoes. Lovely tea. Can't write too much more since I'm super exhausted. But going to enjoy the rest of this sample. Thanks,...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 347 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday I played a wedding. I still have limited mobility with my right hand, I'm still wearing a splint, but I can use 3 out of 4 fingers (the broken pinky is never used for plucking harp...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3046 tasting notes
  • “This. Was. Amazing. I finished the generous share from *boychik* today at work in 2 steepings (large cup sizes). I steeped for 45 seconds, tasted a bit, 1 1/2 minutes and slurped a bit more and...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 538 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

This exquisite black tea is made from first flush March harvest. Simao area pure bud material. Picked when the tea is still just tender little buds, the tea is processed with great care to produce this lovely rolled Bi Luo Chun Black tea.

The taste is potent but smooth with hints of sugarcane and milk chocolate!

For best results we recommend using about 4 to 5 grams per 100ml of water when brewing.

Early March harvest!

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

So quick note!
This one is delicious also! Tastes strongly of sweet potatoes. Lovely tea.
Can’t write too much more since I’m super exhausted. But going to enjoy the rest of this sample.
Thanks, Boychik! :D

Glad you liked it :-)

Ost

Thanks again! :D

Yesterday I played a wedding. I still have limited mobility with my right hand, I’m still wearing a splint, but I can use 3 out of 4 fingers (the broken pinky is never used for plucking harp strings anyway). The wedding was for my daughter’s sister in law, & I was scheduled to play it, but when I broke my finger I made arrangements with another harpist to play instead. The bride didn’t care what music she had, so it was just going to be your typical classical wedding at a winery about an hour out of town.

On Friday everything fell apart.
The Bride called the Harpist with a list of songs she wanted, such as One Love by Bob Marley, Stairway to Heaven, & tunes by Billy Joel, Sting, etc.
The Harpist said,“I am a Classical Harpist, I only play classical music.”
Also, the wedding had been moved outside on the patio (at sunset).
The Harpist replied, “I can only play outside if the weather is above 60 F”

The Mom called me in a panic.
I’m the only Harpist that plays stuff like that in St. Louis.
I’ve been playing a little bit this week, & so I did it, provided that I could be placed near the outdoor heaters, & my son in law had to move my equipment for me, because I still can’t lift anything. The other harpist was glad to get out of it, LOL.
I was glad to make some money, & it felt good to play.
Plus, I wanted to play this wedding, she’s a sweet kid.
So I’m back in business!

This is a wonderful cup of yum, sweet & milk chocolate, becoming maltier as it cools.

Cameron B.

On one hand, that’s ridiculous that the bride changed her mind at the last minute and expected everyone else to comply… However, I’m glad it worked out well for you! Keep healing and feeling better. :)

boychik

So happy you played again ;)

K S

I knew you would figure out how to play before you were all healed up. Congrats on being back even if not quite 100%.

Terri HarpLady

Cam, if you met my in laws, you’d understand, LOL. I had tried to get her to come over to plan the music, like all of my other brides do, but she never did.
The truth is, she had no opinion as to what music she wanted up until the day before her wedding, & then all of a sudden she had ideas.
Boychik, me too! I have a wedding & 2 hour reception next saturday. I’ve already arrangements to have someone help move my harp, & the only really hard part will be doing the classical pieces during the ceremony, because I have to rework them to leave out the 4th finger. Those are pieces I’ve played for years, with the fingering totally ingrained, but I should be able to pull it off. The reception is jazz & classic rock, stuff I play from lead sheets, so I fly by the seat of my pants on that stuff, it’s a little different everytime anyway. :)

Cheri

Sooooo happy to hear you were playing!!!!

Ysaurella

nice to read you’re healing Terri. I am curious about stairway to heaven played by an harpist…really it should be something !

Terri HarpLady

I keep planning on making more videos of myself playing for my website (right now there is only one). Maybe in January I’ll finally get back to the video project.

OMGsrsly

Videos would be so cool! I’m glad that this event worked out for you. :)

This. Was. Amazing.

I finished the generous share from boychik today at work in 2 steepings (large cup sizes). I steeped for 45 seconds, tasted a bit, 1 1/2 minutes and slurped a bit more and then left it in for about 4 minutes. Sweet, deep, malty, cocoa, toasty… man. Second steep I just left in for about 4 minutes before tasting. It was obviously a second steep but still good.

I think I’m in lurve. This must be ordered. Must be. I have now had 3 Bi Luo Chun blacks and I loved them all. I am sensing a pattern.

Cameron B.

Every time I see this tea on Whispering Pines’s website, I’m struck by how beautiful the leaves are! Goldilocks curls! I’m glad it’s delicious, too. :D

Nicole

It is beautiful. And I’m having Whispering Pine’s version this evening. I honestly don’t know which one I prefer. I think it’s whatever one I’m drinking at the time… :)

bah! stop adding to my wishliit nicole! haha

Nicole