2010 Big Classic “Jing Mai Mountain Old Arbor” Ripe

Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 12 g 12 oz / 350 ml

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This tea is really good in the first steeping, a little too bitter in the second steeping and good after that. It is a tea I like. I did not want to try something new tonight as I knew I could not...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 298 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

2010 Big Classic “Jing Mai Mountain Old Arbor” Ripe 400g
Made entirely from Jing Mai mountain area material. Fermented in 2009 from 2009 material. Pressed in 2010 and aged 2 years in Kunming. Premium ripe tea cake from old plantation material expertly fermented in the Menghai Ye Zhuang Shuang Li tea factory. Nice aroma and mouth-feel. Very infusable ripe tea that will age well, but has enough age that it can be enjoyed now.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea is really good in the first steeping, a little too bitter in the second steeping and good after that. It is a tea I like. I did not want to try something new tonight as I knew I could not give it my full attention. It is too late and I don’t want the caffeine tonight. Tonight I steeped this only twice, in a 350ml teapot. First for 15 sec then for 10 sec. I used 12 g of leaf and boiling water. In the first steep I noticed some interesting notes, I would describe chocolate for one and there were others but I was too tired to pay attention. There is a definite bitterness in the second steep, I think I should have given it only 5 seconds. I know from drinking this tea that that bitterness soon disappears. But overall it is a strong tea not for the weak of heart.

Flavors: Chocolate