2013 YUNNAN SOURCING "SAN KE SHU"

Pu-erh Tea
Creamy, Honey, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar

• “This cake is simply mind-blowing, and is one of Scott’s best. One of my buddies had this in early 2014, when it was about 6 months old, and I bought one last October and still have about...” Read full tasting note
    jdirnberger 41 tasting notes
  • “Ordered a sample of this a while back and now I am finally around to it. It has a very nice aroma to the dry leaf when opening the bag. I got 10 grams from it and broke out the Gaiwan. I gave it...” Read full tasting note
    mrmopar 286 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

A tiny production from just three large old tea trees (三棵树) growing near Bingdao village in Mengku county of Lincang. Entirely picked and processed by one family from March to Late April. Only 14 kilograms in total.

Very pure tea with strong cha qi. Mouth-feel is textured and lively, nice slight bitterness that leaves the mouth quickly.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

This cake is simply mind-blowing, and is one of Scott’s best. One of my buddies had this in early 2014, when it was about 6 months old, and I bought one last October and still have about 150-200g remaining, so I’ve seen it change over the last couple of years. Throughout, it has been remarkably easy to drink, but has thickened and sweetened considerably this summer. It almost reminds me of a Taiwanese Oolong; there is very little bitterness, yet is cooling, it produces a thick, viscous soup with notes of vibrant, green spring vegetables. I like to make this one for people who are new to quality Chinese tea and Gong Fu.

Flavors: Creamy, Honey, Vegetal

jschergen

Always wondered how this was!

I gave it a quick 5 second wash and took off with it. The first infusion was a little weak as i probably didn’t let it steep long enough. 5 seconds short. Tried again doing 10 second steeps and it brought out the punch of this one.
It has an almost fruity aroma to the infusion. It has a good bit of bitterness and a thick mouth feel. The bitter fades and leaves the mouth watering a bit with a semi-sweet tongue tingling after taste. Very stout cha qui in this one , it almost leaves the mouth buzzing in response. Good stout leaf in this one.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 10 g 10 OZ / 295 ML