Traditional Process Dian Hong Black tea of Feng Qing * Spring 2014

Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

1 Tasting Note View all

From Yunnan Sourcing

Processed with very light oxidization and roasting this Feng Qing area tea has a strong taste with some astringency and a long floral sweet after-taste. This tea will continue to age and develop over the years.

Excellent choice for longer-term storage or just longer shelf-life for the lazy tea drinker!

Spring 2014

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

When the spring Black teas were unveiled on the YS website, I have to admit I went a little nuts, LOL. In part it was the unending urge to try all the black teas, & also the desire to have teas on hand to share with my BBBB sisters. I still haven’t sampled all of them yet.

I just added this one to the steepster database, which required me to visit the YS website, a dangerous activity!

I’m drinking a cup of it now. It definitely has a floral edge, which kind of makes me think of geraniums, along with a little bitterness, & a touch of astringency. It also brings to mind a really dense chewy natural rise German bread I used to buy, back when I could eat things like that. It was kind of dry & chewy, with a hoppy kind of taste, & especially tasty with avocado… I’m not sure if this is the brand, but this is the type http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Bread/Schneider_Brot_Organic_And_Wheat_Free_Rye_Bread_with_Sunflower_Seeds_500g.html

TheTeaFairy

Oh my! Love that bread description!

MzPriss

Makes me hungry!

Stephanie

YS blacks ARE quite delicious :)