Traditional Process Dian Hong Black tea of Feng Qing * Spring 2014

Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

From Yunnan Sourcing

Processed with very light oxidization and roasting this Feng Qing area tea has a strong taste with some astringency and a long floral sweet after-taste. This tea will continue to age and develop over the years.

Excellent choice for longer-term storage or just longer shelf-life for the lazy tea drinker!

Spring 2014

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Another one from Teri!
So this one I’m not such a fan of. I think I might have over-steeped it a little so it came out really really strong. xD Pretty woody…and kinda reminds me of horse manure. xD Great description, right? Oy. I’m sorry haha My taste buds suck clearly!
Thanks for the sample though, Teri. Glad to have tasted it before I wasted money!

Flavors: Wood

Another day, another Yunnan. :P I have so many Yunnan samples but it’s great because I enjoy them.

This one seems nicer than some of the others I had. It’s brisk, but not astringent, and it has a nice lingering sweet after-note that makes me want to drink it slow and savour each sip.

Thank you Sil! (176)

What else is new in my world? KOREAN DRAMAS!
I listened to slashreport episode all about Korean Dramas ( and this was the lead-in that caught my attention:

Is your life lacking in hysterical sobbing and 24-hour binge watching of television in a language you don’t understand? Have you always craved an excuse to watch a genre of television that will destroy you so completely that watching someone robotically hug another person from behind is enough to break you into shattering tears? Do you need plotlines that include time traveling aliens and wealthy sons of industry who stand around bleakly with their hands in their pockets all the time? Do you like watching people get hella drunk in tents and then throw up around children’s playgrounds? Then Korean dramas are a thing that you need in your life, and for the first time since S1 of /report, Pru and Waldorph are here to deliver.

Anyway if you’re at ALL INTERESTED, I highly recommend FATED TO LOVE YOU. It’s on Canadian Netflix. It’s on American Netflix. It’s ALSO FREE TO STREAM HERE:

The lead is a cheerful office worker who lets everyone stomp all over her and she sees herself as a post-it girl – common and disposable. But she’s amazing and you just want everything to go right for her and so you’ll watch her through all the ups and downs just to get to that happy ending. It’s listed as a romantic-comedy but don’t let that fool you. You’re going to cry. It’s just… let it happen. :| But it’s worth it. (I’m trying to watch other Kdramas but they just don’t compare…)

Oh man, I don’t know if I even want to start with Korean dramas just because there is so much to watch as it is here haha. But if I do, I will check out Fated to Love You. :D

Well, this one is only 20 HOURS. :O
(Well, after watching 208 episodes of Supernatural, everything else is EASY in comparions)

I went and looked it up and Netflix thinks I will love it. So I may need to actually watch this.

Some of the humour is very over the top, and the sad is so sad, but I hope you enjoy it!!!

mmmmm this was one of the teas i snuck from terri when i was visiting her. I’m trying to get through some of my samples so that i can get back to focusing on my larger quantities of teas. This is a really smooth tasting tea. Now, granted i’m a little sick so i’m not sure i’m catching all the nuances today but it’s a rather pleasant cup of tea today. Not overly malty, but still has some maltiness to it. It’s smooth, and there’s no astringency to this. The description mentions floral notes, but i’m not getting any of those, and that makes me a happy camper. Is this better than my favourites from Yunnan? Nope. But i wouldn’t turn a cup of this down for sure. :)

When the spring Black teas were unveiled on the YS website, I have to admit I went a little nuts, LOL. In part it was the unending urge to try all the black teas, & also the desire to have teas on hand to share with my BBBB sisters. I still haven’t sampled all of them yet.

I just added this one to the steepster database, which required me to visit the YS website, a dangerous activity!

I’m drinking a cup of it now. It definitely has a floral edge, which kind of makes me think of geraniums, along with a little bitterness, & a touch of astringency. It also brings to mind a really dense chewy natural rise German bread I used to buy, back when I could eat things like that. It was kind of dry & chewy, with a hoppy kind of taste, & especially tasty with avocado… I’m not sure if this is the brand, but this is the type

Oh my! Love that bread description!

Makes me hungry!

YS blacks ARE quite delicious :)