Imperial Pure Bud Yunnan Black tea of Simao * Spring 2016

Fruity
Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole/Tea-Historic

• “Morning tea! Love seeing the snow outside, just wish it wasn’t turning to rain…fuck ontario weather sometimes. I’m still not used to RAIN in winter. I...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 8069 tasting notes
  • “This is a favorite. For some reason yesterday in my travel mug, it tasted like Jack & Coke. And before someone asks, no, I have never had anything in the mug but tea. :) I felt like I was doing...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 767 tasting notes
  • “This is an interesting tea. It does not seem to have notes of malt or chocolate. The main note is fruity in nature, not sure what fruit, maybe plums or peaches. I did add sugar to this so that note...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 1519 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

An incredible premium pure bud black tea. Made from the highest quality high altitude material from Ning’Er county of Simao. Only young bud sprouts are picked and then expertly processed into this delicate and textured Imperial grade black tea!

The tea’s aroma smells of fruit and sugarcane. Sweet in the mouth, with plenty of texture that fills the mouth with a comfortable feeling.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Morning tea! Love seeing the snow outside, just wish it wasn’t turning to rain…fuck ontario weather sometimes. I’m still not used to RAIN in winter. I often miss Alberta in winter…it was friggin cold..but there was no rain/ice to deal with 90% of the time. This is pretty tasty today – smooth and malty and just what the dr ordered.

MissLena

I’ll trade you the AB weather today haha…lots of snow, extremely icy roads, -22 surface temp this morning plus windchill of around -30…tradesies? :D haha I don’t even want to go out to get lunch.

Evol Ving Ness

Oh boy. Gentle snow here. Can’t be too cold. People don’t seem to be walking all that quickly.

MissLena – i’d rather that to be honest. I grew up with that, used to it. I can’t stand DAMP winters with rain and ice and not really snow..

MissLena

@Sil – yeah the humidity would be quite an adjustment, and that damp cold almost feels colder than a dry cold most of the time. Haha I’d trade for a day still though :D since it’s already icy here, and now 40km/hr wind gusts…

Evol Ving Ness

Ouf, love Edmonton summers though. Zero humidity when we here were dying. So refreshing after humid hell here.

MissLena

@Evol Ving Ness – the last few summers have been more humid actually! The summer before last was sooo hot and humid for like a week, I could not stand that for the whole summer I would also not do well haha. This past summer was all about the storms :D my favorite!

This is a favorite. For some reason yesterday in my travel mug, it tasted like Jack & Coke. And before someone asks, no, I have never had anything in the mug but tea. :) I felt like I was doing something illegal by drinking it while I was driving.

Fruit and sugarcane and that touch of fermentation that you get from… well, a decently made Jack and Coke. Or maybe I just need to get back to Vegas soon… :)

This is an interesting tea. It does not seem to have notes of malt or chocolate. The main note is fruity in nature, not sure what fruit, maybe plums or peaches. I did add sugar to this so that note is intensified. There is no bitterness.

I steeped this one time in a Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 200 degree water for 3 min.

Flavors: Fruity