Organic Genmaicha with Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Fishy, Toasted Rice
Edit tea info Last updated by Lariel

• “I got this in the post a few days. Since I had gotten into green teas again. My kitchen smells like chocolate cake, except the tea mug which smells like rice cakes. Which is a pleasant scent....” Read full tasting note
    Lariel 343 tasting notes
  • “Light aroma on the unsteeped tea. I've tried a few different variations on the steep time etc but it still needs playing around with. In anycase, this tea reminds me of toasty tuna oil, minus the...” Read full tasting note
    radelaidecoffee 5 tasting notes

From Yunomi

100% Shizuoka-grown organic tea leaves, toasted organic brown rice cultivated in Japan, JAS certified organic matcha

About Yunomi View company

This is only my second time having genmaicha. I like the toasted rice flavour. And I’ve always enjoyed matcha. I still feel like I should be having this in a tea house with onigiri. Thanks to Yunomi for letting me try this.

Light aroma on the unsteeped tea. I’ve tried a few different variations on the steep time etc but it still needs playing around with. In anycase, this tea reminds me of toasty tuna oil, minus the viscosity of the oil. The toasted rice seems a bit heavy, perhaps less rice or a tad less toasted.

Flavors: Fishy, Toasted Rice