Chiran Fukamushi Superior

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I drank an entire pot of this last night :) Looking at the only other review on here kind of makes me curious… but, to clarify there is no citrus taste and astringency isn’t something...” Read full tasting note
    Proust614 201 tasting notes
  • “Its interesting. Tastes like my other fuka from o-cha (Sae midori) but more sour and has a distinctive citrus flavor. It tastes like… someone dropped some citrus powder in my tea. its ok, but...” Read full tasting note
    SenchaMatcha 56 tasting notes

From Yunomius

Fukamushi is a special method of processing sencha tea leaves that involves an extended steaming time. As a result, the leaves tend to lose their shape, crumbling into small particles much easier than other sencha teas. This transforms the flavor from a clean, smooth tasting tea, to a tea that is thick and strong in flavor for the amount and quality level of the leaf itself.

Kagoshima, Chiran-cha
Kagoshima is the second largest tea production region in Japan. Chiran is a small town located in southern Kagoshima Prefecture, known for samurai district and gardens that have been preserved since the Edo period. Chiran-cha refers to and is a brand name for tea grown in the town of Chiran.

About Yunomius View company

I drank an entire pot of this last night :)
Looking at the only other review on here kind of makes me curious… but, to clarify there is no citrus taste and astringency isn’t something I’d associate with this tea unless you over brew it of course.
175f for 90 seconds = really green liquid that makes one’s mouth happy :)
Lots of vegetable taste with a very fresh and smooth after taste. Even if I gave all the top of the package to others in the group buy, the bottom leaf is fantastic; just make sure to have the right steeping utensils.

Haveteawilltravel

I love it when my moth is happy :) He can be a real pest if he doesn’t get his tea.

Marzipan

All that flapping.

Liquid Proust

At least we know that ‘u’ is missed dearly if left out.

Its interesting. Tastes like my other fuka from o-cha (Sae midori) but more sour and has a distinctive citrus flavor. It tastes like… someone dropped some citrus powder in my tea. its ok, but i don’t think I would buy it. the gyo i tried was good and I’ll probably buy that :)
If you like astringency this one is for you~!