Yamane-en: Hokkaido Dattan Sobacha

Nuts
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Christina
Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I finally get to try another of this tisane type, hurray! It smells so good- like toasted brown rice cakes. The flavour has is a bit roast nutty. Went well with my Thai soup.” Read full tasting note
    Lariel 348 tasting notes
  • “Hey Steepsterites! Remember when I said a while back on the forums that I would start reviewing tea on my blog, with a twist of comparing tea to fictional characters? Well, my first review is up,...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 410 tasting notes

From Yunomius

100% Japan (Hokkaido) grown, pesticide-free dattan sobacha (Tartary buckwheat tea)!

Sobacha tea is roasted buckwheat tea. This specific sobacha is made from dattan soba (tartary buckwheat, also known as bitter buckwheat) grown in Shibetsu city of Hokkaido and contains 100 times the amount of rutin (1500mg / 100g) compared to common buckwheat. Roasty flavor of sobacha is caffeine-free and is recommended to be drank at any time of the day. It can be used as your salad topping!

Compared to the Aomori-grown Dattan Sobacha, the Hokkaido sobacha has a much stronger buckwheat flavor with hints of roasted nuts, and is softer in texture (if you plan to eat it).

About Yunomius View company

Flavors: Nuts

Hey Steepsterites!

Remember when I said a while back on the forums that I would start reviewing tea on my blog, with a twist of comparing tea to fictional characters? Well, my first review is up, and it’s of this lovely cup!

This is a cup of grainy roasted goodness! It smells rich and nutty, almost like peanut butter, and the taste is like roasted rice or really thick, hearty bread. Soothing. Comforting. This is the kind of tea that just wraps you up and pats you on the head and makes you feel warm and safe. But make no mistake: this is not a weak, mush-mouthed tea. This tea has character. It has kick. It’s distinctive.

Comforting and maternal, with a backbone of strength and distinctiveness underneath? Which fictional character did I think of when drinking this tea? You’ll have to read the whole thing here to find out: http://christinavasilevski.com/2014/04/sunday-tea-books-sobacha-buckwheat-tea/

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML