Organic Kagoshima Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by camw

• “Took longer than I expected to get back to this tea, and I went in a completely different direction: I was determined to get a mellow brewing, so used a small quantity of leaf and brewed up a...” Read full tasting note
    teaddict 311 tasting notes
  • “Nicely intense and fragrant aromas of dark chocolate and cedar. Palate has good depth and persistence. Interest comes mostly from its different style to many other Oolong teas that I have had....” Read full tasting note
    camw 26 tasting notes

From Yuuki-cha

A rare treat of JAS certified organic Japanese oolong tea single estate cultivated, processed, and packaged in Kagoshima, Japan. Due to its nature of being produced in Kagoshima, Japan it offers the drinker a completely exclusive drinking experience!

The dry leaf, which is semi-oxidized, is slightly curled, and gives off a pleasant chocolate-like aroma. The mouthfeel is smooth, sweet, and moderately roasty with a refreshing and clean aftertaste. It’s fragrant, soothing, and satisfying to drink! It’s Organic Kagoshima Oolong with its own unique twist!

About Yuuki-cha View company

Took longer than I expected to get back to this tea, and I went in a completely different direction: I was determined to get a mellow brewing, so used a small quantity of leaf and brewed up a whole thermos of tea with relatively cool water—185°F/85°C. This came out toasty, a little earthy, mellow and pleasant. I’ll work up from here now, to try to get more of those plummy fruity notes without reactivating the astringency that was off-putting the first time through.

Price paid: $10 USD for 50g